Achaogen is an American based biopharmaceutical company that has significantly contributed to the development of antibacterial drugs. The mission and vision statements of this innovative institution emphasize its commitment to healthcare by leading from the front. Experts define a corporate vision statement as a description of a desired future by a company. They also define a corporate mission statement as the actions or strategies that spur the growth of a company towards its future.
In this case, the vision statement of Achaogen is offering leadership in the pharmaceutical industry, while its mission statement emphasizes on its commitment to the fight against the multi-drug resistant gram-negative infections. The core values of this company have also been critical in its continued triumph against these diseases. It has contributed to the maintenance of focus in this company since its foundation.
Achaogen Mission Statement
Achaogen mission statement is that it is “committed to identifying and developing product candidates to treat multi-drug resistant (MDR) gram-negative infections.” As shown in this statement, the focus of this company is on coming up with the most effective drugs against the resistant gram-negative strains. The statement relates to these components:
- Improving health
- Advancing research
The primary purpose of developing various drugs is to alleviate human suffering by combating specific resistant diseases. Achaogen has been successful in doing so as shown by Plazomicin and C-scape cases in 2018. To satisfy the second component, Achaogen indicates that its commitment to research is long-term. The company does this by directing all its resources to innovations and science-based projects to ensure that it leads to new designs that in turn improves the overall wellness in communities.
Achaogen Corporation does not have an official vision statement. Despite its absence, the operations and focus of this company show that it works to become the leading pharmaceutical firm whose products impacts the world by eradicating resistant diseases.
The company has established a trend of how successful it has been as shown by the ‘Achaogen pipeline.’ In fact, some of its drugs have already been globally recognized and approved by the FDA, while others are in advanced innovation stages.
Achaogen core values comprise “integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor, and drive.” Development of novel antibiotics demands a working environment that supports nothing less than doing this in the right way and with adequate respect and collaboration. It also calls for absolute passion for research and innovations while ensuring that everyone remains aligned to the primary goals. Fortunately, Achaogen has managed to have all these in place through its core values.
- Achaogen – Our Focus.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Ingenhoff, D., & Fuhrer, T. (2010). Positioning and differentiation by using brand personality attribute: Do mission and vision statements contribute to building a unique corporate identity?. Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 15(1), 83-101.
- Mirvis, P., Googins, B., & Kinnicutt, S. (2010). Vision, mission, values. Organizational Dynamics, 39(4), 316.
- Urde, M. (2003). Core value-based corporate brand building. European Journal of Marketing, 37(7/8), 1017-1040.