Aflac mission statement is “to combine aggressive strategic marketing with quality products and services at competitive prices to provide the best insurance value for consumers.” The statement emphasizes on the impact its products has on the customers. The following components elucidate this statement:
- Distinguished products
- Improving lives
Aflac understands the burden of out-of-pocket bills on people when their insurance cannot cover certain expenses. That is why it offers the most attractive insurance policies to help them remain afloat or get back on track when faced with urgent financial needs. The willingness of Aflac to cover a wide range of aspects including dental, critical illnesses, life, cancer, and accident among others shows how much it cares about improving the health, and consequently the lives of its customers.
The American Family Life Insurance Company (Aflac) is the biggest supplemental insurance provider in America. The mission and vision statements of this company show how the establishment that was started more than six decades ago is dedicated to serving the American people. A corporate mission statement outlines a company’s core purpose and the approach to be used to ensure that its objectives are attained. The vision statement, on the other hand, describes the position the company desires to reach in the future.
In this analysis, the Aflac mission statement outlines the elements to be used to ensure that Aflac remains as a market leader as far as providing life insurance is concerned. In contrast, the vision statement emphasizes on the leadership potential it is looking to attain in the future in its industry. Other than the mission and vision statement, the different core values by Aflac are invaluable in ensuring that it retains its commitment to customer satisfaction and growth.
Aflac vision statement is to “help make the path to getting there a little clearer.” There is a rich historical association with this vision statement, dating back to the year 1955. The emphasis of this statement is on the ability of Aflac to offer assistance when needed the most. The statement has these key features:
- Make the path
- Be the solution
The primary purpose of Aflac, as shown by these two major components in its vision statement is to be the help needed to save the day. In fact, this is exactly what the Aflac duck icon represents. The company also contributes to this agenda through its corporate social responsibilities.
Aflac core values comprise “teamwork, respect, fairness, honesty, integrity, responsibility.” The fair and fast response rate to cover the medical bills for patients by Aflac is evidence of the dependability of this company. Such a culture can only be present in a firm that is guided by the right principles such as the one that influences the practices in this corporation.
- Aflac – About.
- Bennett, C. L., Weinberg, P. D., & Lieberman, J. J. (1998). Cancer insurance policies in Japan and the United States. Western journal of medicine, 168(1), 17.
- Ferguson, J., & Milliman, J. (2008). Creating effective core organizational values: A spiritual leadership approach. International Journal of Public Administration, 31(4), 439-459.
- Ingenhoff, D., & Fuhrer, T. (2010). Positioning and differentiation by using brand personality attribute: Do mission and vision statements contribute to building a unique corporate identity? Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 15(1), 83-101.
- Joachim, A. (2010). Interface between corporate vision, mission and production and operations management. Global journal of management and business research, 10(2).
- Spennemann, D. H. (2007). The Futurist Stance of Historical Societies: An Analysis of Position Statements. International journal of arts management, 9(2), 4.
- Tanković, A. Č. (2013). Defining strategy using vision and mission statements of Croatian organizations in times of crisis. Economic research-Ekonomska istraživanja, 26(sup1), 331-342.