The mission and vision statements of the United States Air Force are a reflection of a body with a clear understanding of its mandate and how to excellently execute them. As part of the U.S. Armed forces, Air Force has continued to build a legacy with its discipline and commitment to the course since 1907. Its motto is, in fact, a declaration that there is no room for error in satisfaction of the mission and vision statement of this institution.
The mission statement of Air Force emphasizes its devotion to succeed in all the areas of its operations through integrity and excellence. In relation, the vision statement affirms that the Air Force is able to achieve more because of the strength it draws from togetherness. The attitude and passion of airmen and women serving under this institution is enhanced by the core values. They ensure absolute and undivided commitment to the service.
Air Force Mission Statement
Air Force mission statement is “to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace.” The institution has diverse duties and responsibilities as shown in this statement. To achieve them, the Air Force prioritizes on:
- Education and training
- Excelling in all sectors
The reverence and popularity associated with this institution come down to the emphasis laid on a winning mentality. It all starts with thorough military training coupled with specialized education in different fields. Each Airman is a part of the complete group, making them indispensable and highly valued for overall success. The Air Force also ensures that it incorporates work-life balance for the fulfilment of each of its recruits while winning in its work as well.
Air Force vision statement is “it’s our promise to protect.” This is the affirmation of what the U.S. Air Force is all about. It has a duty to serve American within and beyond its boundaries as shown:
- Dominate in air, space, and cyberspace
- Protect Americans
To remain the preeminent force in the three areas globally – the Air Force constantly improves itself through innovation, training and experience. The body recognizes that becoming incomparable is its call, and to certify it stays equipped and ready to protect the people it serves from any form of space, air or cyberspace dangers.
Air Force core values include “integrity first, service before self, excellence in all we do.” The airmen are unified by this common bond.
It is one of their primary sources of power, as the values create a sense of unity that ensures they serve as one with a winning spirit.
- Air Force – Home
- Alegre, I., Berbegal-Mirabent, J., Guerrero, A., & Mas-Machuca, M. (2018). The real mission of the mission statement: A systematic review of the literature. Journal of Management & Organization, 24(4), 456-473.
- Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and Vision. The International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication, 1-9.
- Dumitraşcu, M., & Feleagă, L. (2019). Mission, Vision, and Values of Organizations, the Catalysts of Corporate Social Responsibility. Audit Financiar, 17(1).
- Roblek, V., & Meško, M. (2018). The importance of vision and mission for an organizational development and growth.
- Vick, A. J. (2018). Force Presentation in US Air Force History and Airpower Narratives. RAND Corp Santa Monica United States.