Aka Login PS4 Error
Minecraft with all its versions is probably one of the best games of all time. The game has sold over 230 million copies. Minecraft is the 2nd best-selling video game across all gaming platforms, only being outsold by Tetris, with over 500 million copies sold. Minecraft has 140 million monthly active users, and the number steadily grows every day.
If you have been playing Minecraft on PS4 or other gaming devices, there is a good chance you have come across the aka.ms/remoteconnect PS4 login error.
What is the Reason for the Aka.ms/Remote Connect Minecraft Issue on PS4?
This particular error message is a cross-play problem that rears its head when we attempt to play Minecraft on non-Microsoft gaming devices such as the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, etc. The Cross-Play Feature from Microsoft supposedly allows you to play your saved Minecraft games outside Microsoft devices like the Xbox 360 or any PC with Windows operating system.
You know that you have encountered the Aka. ms/Remote Connect Minecraft issue if you fail to log in to your Minecraft game and an error message text box appears that tries to lead you to the Aka. ms/Remote Connect website to get an 8-digit code to enable your cross-playing capabilities in playing Minecraft.
There are 3 main reasons why we encounter the Aka. ms/Remote Connect Minecraft issue. One is playing the Minecraft game on another non-Microsoft gaming platform, the other is having a corrupt saved Minecraft game file, and the third reason is enabling the cross-play feature for the first time ever.
Let us discuss each reason for incurring the Aka.ms/Remote Connect Minecraft issue in more detail:
If you have been playing the Minecraft game on Xbox 360 and Windows PC but now have decided to play on PS4, Nintendo Switch, or other non-Microsoft consoles, then you may encounter the Aka.ms/Remote Connect Minecraft issue. Microsoft has cross-play that permits to play the same Minecraft account on other gaming consoles.
Microsoft’s cross-play feature can only be experienced by users once they have registered their accounts and new device via entering the 8-digit code they can get at the remoteconnect sign-in website.
Corrupt Minecraft Saved Game Files
You may have experienced difficulty logging in into your Minecraft saved game and get the Aka. ms/ RemoteConnect Minecraft issue if your saved game file is corrupted.
When Enabling Cross-play on your Gaming Device for the First Time
Microsoft’s Cross-play feature allows playing Minecraft on non-Microsoft devices like the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. You will be faced with the remoteconnect error when you enable the Microsoft cross-play feature on your gaming device for the first time.
How to Fix the aka.ms/ remoteconnect Issue on PlayStation 4: A Step-by-Step Guide
These 3 main ways are what you can employ to solve this issue of your Minecraft account on the PlayStation 4 console:
A. Enter a Microsoft account Sign-in Code
- Open your Minecraft game on your PlayStation 4.
- Select the “Multiplayer access” on the home game screen.
- A message will give you an aka.ms/remoteconnect enter code a link that will allow you to authorize your account.
- Note down all the Minecraft code PS4 information regarding your multiplayer access with Minecraft.
- Go to your Microsoft account using an internet browser.
- On an internet browser, open aka.ms/remoteconnect and type in the code you have noted down earlier about your multiplayer access on Minecraft.
- Confirm and agree with the terms and conditions of Microsoft to be able to play Minecraft without any sign-in errors.
B. Delete Corrupt Minecraft Saved Files
- Open Minecraft’s main menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Choose ’Data management’ on the next screen.
- Choose ‘Saved Data.’
- Choose ‘Delete Saved Data.’
- New save files that are cross-play enabled will not encounter the remote connect error anymore.
C. Make a New Microsoft Account
Old accounts created before the cross-play feature will run into https://aka.ms/ remoteconnect error. Creating a new Microsoft with enabled cross-feature will ensure you never encounter the remote connect PS4 sign error.
- Through an internet browser, access the Microsoft Account website.
- Click ‘Create a Microsoft Account.’
- Click the ‘Get a new email address.’
- Complete other instructions that follow.
- You will now have remoteconnect PS4 sign in capabilities after you successfully create a new Microsoft account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to create a Microsoft account to play Minecraft?
A: You can play Minecraft even if you don’t have a Microsoft account when playing a single-player game but will need to create a Microsoft account when playing online multiplayer mode.
Q: Will I be able to add friends on Minecraft?
A: Yes. Select the ‘Friends’ tab and then click ‘Add Friends.’ Enter the Gamertag of your friends and send them a friend request.
Q: Can I play Minecraft with friends who are using other gaming consoles?
A: Go to ‘Friends’ and select ‘Joinable Cross-Platform Friends’ so you can add them to your Minecraft session.
The aka. ms/ remoteconnect PS4 sign-in problem is thankfully easy to fix. With some troubleshooting steps, you will get to play Minecraft again.