Avid Mission and Vision Statements Analysis
Avid mission statement is “to empower media creators with innovative technology and collaborative tools to entertain, inform, educate and enlighten the world.” The statement shows the central role that Avid plays in the media creation industry – empowerment. It consists of two features:
- Improving lives
The first feature is a reflection of the activities that have positioned Avid as an influential company, not only in the U.S. but also at the global level. It is a direct innovator of crucial technologies that have since reshaped the media content creation. By providing artists and related experts with such tools, Avid opened up a new area where individuals can exploit the opportunities to achieve their potentials. Moreover, its training and empowering platforms enable better narration of stories and showcasing of talents.
Avid Technology company, simply known as Avid is famed for transforming and modernizing content creation when it started its operations in 1987. Since then, the company has pioneered groundbreaking changes in this industry with its editor being the first expert to digitize video content. Its work reshaped this industry. The company continued to grow, and diversify its creative business. Today, as led by its mission and vision statements, it mentors aspiring artists and other media professionals to understand and prosper in the digital space.
The corporate statements have been crucial for Avid as they refine the growth direction of this company. For instance, the vision statement emphasizes on the impact that the firm has on the improvement of the media sector. On the other hand, the mission statement focuses on the role of Avid especially in empowering its clients with the latest technology in media. In addition, Avid benefits from the influence of its core values as they contribute to the overall achievement of the mission and vision.
Avid vision statement is “to make the world a better place by connecting people everywhere through media.” This is what Avid strives to eventually achieve in the long-run. The statement has the following main parts:
- Transform the world
- Connecting through media
As shown by the first part, Avid is already transforming the globe through its connect 2020. The achievement of this goal has made it easy for people to connect, share, and learn from each other seamlessly.
Avid core values include “collaboration, trust, integrity, and respect.” Avid is an inclusive company that embraces the input of every stakeholder. That is why it enforces these values to ensure everyone feels part of the overall process.
- Avid – About.
- Babnik, K., Breznik, K., Dermol, V., & Trunk Širca, N. (2014). The mission statement: organizational culture perspective. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 114(4), 612-627.
- Dermol, V., & Sachakamol, P. (2016). The Importance of Communication and Internalization of Organizational Values, Company Mission, and Vision. In Managing Innovation and Diversity in Knowledge Society Through Turbulent Time: Proceedings of the MakeLearn and TIIM Joint International Conference (pp. 1013-1021).
- Kopaneva, I. M. (2019). Left in the dust: Employee constructions of mission and vision ownership. International Journal of Business Communication, 56(1), 122-145.
- Maull, R., Brown, P., & Cliffe, R. (2001). Organizational culture and quality improvement. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 21(3), 302-326.
- Roblek, V., & Meško, M. (2018). The importance of vision and mission for organizational development and growth.