Table of Contents
AXT Inc. is a global corporation that specializes in the development and production of wafers critical in the manufacturing of integrated circuits as well as solar cells. The company has been operational since 1986 and has largely been part of the technological spurt across the globe. The mission and vision statements of this company have been instrumental in the growth trend recorded by AXT so far.
A corporate vision statement is a description of a company’s projected future. On the other hand, a corporate mission statement comprises the mechanism that would make the future of a company a reality. In this case of AXT, the vision statement talks about the leadership this firm can provide in the semiconductor niche, while the mission statement is all about the impact this company will have on everyone it comes in contact with. AXT gradually progresses towards these goals as aided by core values as well.
AXT mission statement is “to identify and develop growth opportunities that will ultimately result in exceeding customer’s expectations, market share enhancement, sustainable profitability, and provide shareholder value.” The emphasis of this statement is on the impact that AXT seeks to have on both the industry and its customers. The statement has the following features:
- Exceeding expectations
- Increasing values
AXT proves that it is passionate in its work of developing and constantly improving its technology to meet all its expectations. For instance, the product line of this company is evidence of the wide range of products that AXT offers its customers. Moreover, the impact of this company in the substrate manufacturing sector is simply phenomenon. The progressive achievement of these aspects based on the first component directly leads to the satisfaction of the second one. This is because of the value attached to all the products, including AXT as a brand.
AXT vision statement is “to be the number one advanced semiconductor materials supplier of choice through superior quality, effective cost of ownership, and a customer-focused philosophy.” The statement has these main features:
- Be number 1
- Customer-focused philosophy
All the efforts of this company since its foundation are demonstrative of its ambition to be at the very top in its industry. This has been particularly boosted by its customer-inclination, distinguishing itself.
AXT core values comprise “integrity, performance, and innovation.” AXT has constantly been at the top of its game courtesy of these values.
They have given the company a strong foundation, and an uncompromising culture leading to the contemporary reputation of its products. These values also add to AXT’s environmental conservation efforts.
- AXT – Home.
- Brews, P., & Purohit, D. (2007). Strategic planning in unstable environments. Long Range Planning, 40(1), 64-83.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Glaister, K. W., & Falshaw, J. R. (1999). Strategic planning: still going strong?. Long Range Planning, 32(1), 107-116. Cochran, D. S., David, F. R., & Gibson, C. K. (2008). A framework for developing an effective mission statement. Journal of Business Strategies, 25(2), 27.
- Mullane, J. V. (2002). The mission statement is a strategic tool: when used properly. Management Decision, 40(5), 448-455.
- Scott, C., Jaffe, D., & Tobe, G. (1993). Organizational vision, values and mission. Crisp Learning.
- Spallina, J. M. (2004). Strategic planning–getting started: mission, vision, and values. J Oncol Manag, 13(1), 10-11.