Can You Split Payments on Amazon? (We Have the Answer)
Splitting payments on Amazon can be a tricky process. With so many payment methods and restrictions, it’s hard to know how to go about it. In this article, we will answer all of your questions about splitting payments on Amazon. We’ll cover everything from the different payment methods that Amazon accepts to the restrictions on splitting payments. So whether you’re looking to split a large purchase between two people or you’re just curious about how it works, read on for answers!
Can You Split Payments on Amazon?
Yes, you can split payments on Amazon if they are made with a gift card. This is possible because the payment will be made in one transaction. However, Amazon does not allow you to split payments between credit cards, debit cards, or other payment methods. This means you can only use a gift card with a combination of a debit/credit card for a split payment on Amazon.
Why Doesn’t Amazon Allow Split Payments with Credit/Debit Cards?
Amazon does not allow split payments with debit/credit cards because it can be a risky transaction for them. Splitting payments over multiple payment methods increases the chance of fraud or errors.
Additionally, Amazon does not have the infrastructure to support split payments over multiple payment methods. This is why they offer a gift card option as the only way to split payments on Amazon.
How to Split Payments on Amazon?
Splitting payments on Amazon is easy. Here’s how:
- Add the items you wish to purchase to your Amazon cart.
- Go to your cart and click “Checkout.”
- Choose the payment option and select a gift card for one of the payment methods.
- Enter your Amazon gift card information and select “Apply.”
- Enter the amount of the purchase that you want to pay with a gift card and select “Apply.”
- Choose the debit or credit to pay the rest of the amount and click “Continue.”
- Enter your payment details and select “Place Your Order.”
That’s it! You have successfully split your payment between a gift card and another payment method.
Can You Split Payments on Amazon Orders?
Absolutely! Splitting payments on Amazon orders is also possible by using a gift card combined with another payment method, such as a credit or debit card.
What Payment Methods Does Amazon Accept?
Amazon accepts a variety of payment methods, including:
- Amazon Pay
- Amazon Cash
- Amazon Prime Store Card
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Amazon Secured Credit Card
- Debit cards
- Credit cards (MasterCard/EuroCard, Visa, JCB, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club)
- Pre-paid gift cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express)
- EBT cards (for eligible items)
- FSA/HSA card (for eligible items)
- Affirm payments
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Rewards points from American Express, Hilton Honors, Chase, HSBC, and Citi
Can You Buy Now, Pay Later with Amazon?
Yes, you can buy now and pay later with Amazon. This option is available through Affirm, which allows customers to pay for their purchases over time with interest-free installments. To use Affirm, customers must have a U.S.-based credit card and must be at least 18 years old.
Remember that Amazon doesn’t accept Afterpay payment plans.
Which Stores Allow Customers to Split Their Payments?
Apart from Amazon, some other stores allow customers to split their payments. Here are a few examples:
- Walmart (in-store)
- Crate & Barrel (both in-store and online)
- Starbucks (in-store)
- Land of Nod (both in-store and online)
- Are There Any Minimum Order Size Requirements at Amazon?
No, there are no minimum order size requirements when splitting payments on Amazon. You can split payments for any purchase, regardless of the amount.
- Can You Split Payments Between Multiple Gift Cards?
No, Amazon does not allow you to split payments between multiple gift cards. You can only split payments between a gift card and a debit/credit card.
- Do You Need to Be a Prime Member to Split Payments?
No, you do not need to be a Prime Member in order to split payments on Amazon. Any customer can split payments using a gift card and another payment method.
- Are There Any Fees for Splitting Payments?
No, there are no fees associated with splitting payments on Amazon. You will only pay any applicable taxes and shipping costs.
- Can You Use a Gift Card and a Prepaid Credit Card?
Yes, Amazon does accept prepaid credit cards as a payment method. You can use the prepaid card to pay for part of your purchase and then use a gift card to pay for the rest.
- Can You Split Payments For Digital Content?
Yes, you can split payments for digital content on Amazon.
Splitting payments on Amazon is easy and convenient. With a gift card combined with another payment method, such as a debit or credit card, you can split payments for any purchase amount. Amazon also accepts a variety of other payment methods, such as Amazon Pay, Amazon Cash, and more. For those who need help with their purchase, Amazon also offers payment plans through Affirm.
Finally, remember that you can split payments for digital content as well! By following these instructions, you can easily pay for your Amazon purchases using multiple payment methods. Happy shopping!