Capital One mission statement is “to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking.” The statement shows how ready the company stays when it comes to improving banking approaches. It does this by:
- Provision of distinguished services
- Improving lives
At Capital One, every need of the customer is crucial. That is why the company adheres to all its standards to ensure the clients leave its premises satisfied at all times. Other than this, Capital One is constantly advancing its products and services such as credit cards, auto loans, and commercial banking solutions. It does this in a customer informed approach to ensure the impact trickles down to all the clients indiscriminately leading to better lives.
The mission and vision statements of Capital One show a bank holding company that has grown and become well-versed with the business dynamics in its sector. As a financial corporation, Capital One has been constantly growing since 1994, and today, it ranks among the 10 best players in the industry with approximately 755 branches. Its success has been accelerated by the precision of its mission and vision statement. A corporate vision statement identifies a future goal, while a corporate mission statement determines how to get there.
In this case of Capital One, the vision statement indicates that the firm strives to be a change-maker and a leader. On the other hand, the mission statement illustrates how it works to impact the banking sector. The core values of this bank also come in handy as they guide it towards the mission and vision.
Capital One vision statement is “we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way.” With this statement, the financial firm shows that it is always on the lookout for different ways of delivering services to its clients. The statement has the following features:
- Dare to dream
- Deliver differently
By daring to dream, Capital One illustrates how it embraces innovations and transformations. These lead to advanced systems, flexible financial services and packages and better reach to the clients. Such developments have seen Capital One rise into one of the major competitors in the banking industry today.
Capital One core values comprise “collaboration, innovation, excellence, integrity and respect.”
To thrive in the banking industry, Capital One uses these values to dictate and stimulate a supportive environment where everyone can give their all. It complements this with the power of working together, innovations, and the will to do the right things.
- Amah, E. (2012). Corporate culture and organizational effectiveness: A study of the Nigerian banking industry. European Journal of Business and Management, 4(8), 212-229.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say?. Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Capital One – About.
- Taiwo, A. A., Lawal, F. A., & Agwu, E. (2016). Vision and Mission in Organization: Myth or Heuristic Device?. The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(3).
- Wartnaby, D. (2014). Organisational philosophies: mission, vision and values statements-introductory thoughts. Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues: Insight Series.
Williams Jr, R., L. Morrell, D., & V. Mullane, J. (2014). Reinvigorating the mission statement through top management commitment. Management Decision, 52(3), 4