CARE mission statement is “to work around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.” The statement shows the willingness of this organization to improve the state of life of different people and in numerous ways. These components make up this statement by CARE:
- Improving lives
- Improving communities
At the basic level, CARE targets to alleviate the suffering of individuals with a focus on women and children in times of crisis. Its interactive and integrative programs targeting the needy groups also offer enabling opportunities. While fulfilling the first component using these approaches, CARE also meets the needs of the second one, relieved individual suffering coupled with empowerment translates to better societies.
The Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE) has set a high bar when it comes to going all out to offer humanitarian services where needed. All its activities are consistent with its mission and vision statements that emphasize on saving lives and eradicating poverty. While a vision statement defines the future position of a business, the mission statement describes the ways of making the future a reality.
In this case of CARE, its vision statement is about being the change-initiator to improve the quality of life of people. In addition, the mission statement echoes the altruistic spirit of this organization to protect and stimulate growth in those in need. Since 1945, CARE, as supported by the core values together with the mission and vision statements, has earned itself a name globally as a charitable organization.
CARE vision statement is “to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security.” The attention of CARE in this statement is on the positive change it can induce in the lives of people. The statement has these main components:
- Global reach
- People live in dignity and security
To satisfy the first component, CARE confirms that there is no limit to where its reach extends. The organization has a strategy to remain ready to respond to crises at all times through its targeted programs.
CARE core values include “transformation, integrity, diversity, excellence, and equality.” The work of this organization is sensitive and critical for the survival of lives. These values are, therefore, important in ensuring that CARE maintains its focus and passion to offer its humanitarian assistance wherever it is needed and in the best way.
- CARE – About.
- Duran, S., Gutierrez, M. A., & Keskinocak, P. (2011). Pre-positioning of emergency items for CARE international. Interfaces, 41(3), 223-237.
- Kopaneva, I., & Sias, P. M. (2015). Lost in translation: Employee and organizational constructions of mission and vision. Management Communication Quarterly, 29(3), 358-384.
- Lin, Y., & Wise, N. (2017). Reassessing airline mission statements to address changing trends and contemporary components of importance, a content analysis. PROCEEDINGS BOOK, 392.
- Peyrefitte, J., & David, F. R. (2006). A content analysis of the mission statements of United States firms in four industries. International Journal of Management, 23(2), 296.
- Rajasekar, J. (2013). A comparative analysis of mission statement content and readability. Journal of Management Policy and Practice, 14(6), 131-147.
- Taiwo, A. A., Lawal, F. A., & Agwu, E. (2016). Vision and Mission in Organization: Myth or Heuristic Device?. The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(3).
- Williams, L. S. (2008). The mission statement. Journal of business communication, 45(2).