Chevron mission statement is “believe in the power of human ingenuity to lead us to a brighter future.” The company has a well-defined approach of running its business, rested on two main features.
- Distinguished services
- Improving lives
As an energy company, Chevron recognizes the complexities of running the business. Its long history of drilling oils and supplying its clients is proof of its perseverance. It has also redesigned all its outlets in such a way that customers feel welcomed while getting all energy-related services. The best aspect of Chevron is that it prioritizes people in every energy conversation. Its understanding of the central role that its products play in the lives of people motivates it constantly strive to remain a provider of affordable and reliable energy.
Chevron multinational corporation is a leading energy firm with a significant market share in the U.S. and beyond. The company has a robust history characterized by its original spirit of innovation, grit, and perseverance since 1879. Chevron has been a leader in the industry through its pursuit of efficient energy sources while maintaining top services through its mission and vision statements.
A corporate vision statement is a crucial tool that gives a company a future goal to work for. In contrast, a corporate mission statement highlights the strategic operations that spark growth in a company. Just like these two statements, core values are invaluable in the progress of a company. In this case analysis, the vision statement of Chevron focuses on establishing a globally recognized brand. On the other hand, the mission statement looks at the technicalities that Chevron applies to advance itself and move closer to its vision.
Chevron vision statement is “at the heart of The Chevron Way is our vision to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.” The main parts incorporated in this statement include:
- The Chevron way
- Global reach
Chevron way is all about people, their needs, preferences, and potential. In fact, it states that people are its greatest resource. Just shown in the second part, Chevron has always been a global brand operating in various parts of the world including America, Australia, North America and Asia. It is also actively involved in corporate social responsibilities in these regions.
Chevron core values include “responsibility, trust, and integrity.” Through these principles, the company has gained influence in the global market. This has transformed it into a leader in the sector.
- Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and vision. The International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication, 1-9.
- Dumitraşcu, M., & Feleagă, L. (2019). Mission, Vision, and Values of Organizations, the Catalysts of Corporate Social Responsibility. Audit financiar, 17(1).
- French, S. N., Kelly, S. J., & Harrison, J. L. (2001). Operationalizing vision and mission. Journal of Management & Organization, 7(2), 30-40.
- Powers, E. L. (2012). Organizational mission statement guidelines revisited. International Journal of Management & Information Systems (IJMIS), 16(4), 281-290.
- Wartnaby, D. (2014). Organizational philosophies: mission, vision, and values statements-introductory thoughts. Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues: Insight Series.