CIA mission statement is “preempt threats and further US national security objectives by collecting intelligence that matters, producing objective all-source analysis, conducting effective covert action as directed by the President, and safeguarding the secrets that help keep our Nation safe.” It has the outlined components:
- Squashing threats through intelligence
- Keeping America safe
CIA has one of the most well-structured security networks with a team of highly trained and specialized officers. With the experienced leadership and support from the federal government, this body is able to perform exemplary both within and beyond the U.S. borders. In addition, the CIA uses its technical know-how and technological advancement to create unique insights from all the information aggregated across the globe. It then uses this intelligence to protect all its citizens wherever they are.
Central Intelligence Agency (CIIA) has a mission and vision statement whose work is to direct the activities and reach of the organization. CIA has a very sensitive duty of keeping the U.S. safe through human intelligence, something that both the mission and vision statements highlight. These two corporate statements, together with the core values are invaluable because they influence the overall success of this federal body. While a corporate vision statement determines the future of the CIA, the mission statement deals with how to get to that future.
In this analysis, the vision statement of the CIA is all about giving the U.S. a strategic advantage. The mission statement, on the other hand, shows how practical the CIA is when it comes to the safety of the people it serves. Therefore, supported by the core values, the mission and vision statements influence the CIA to deliver its mandates.
CIA vision statement is “CIA’s information, insights and actions consistently provide tactical and strategic advantage for the United States.” The primary duty of this establishment is to keep all the security arms of the government abreast with the welfare of the U.S. The statement has the following components:
- Use information and actions
- Provide tactical and strategic advantage
The analysis of the CIA shows that it is always processing information to predict the safety of its people. The federal body acknowledges that this is the best weapon against all dangers and that its why it prioritizes on having the best systems for doing so leading to a strategic edge.
CIA core values comprise “service, excellence, teamwork, courage, and stewardship.”
Today, CIA is atop of all other global security bodies because of its working culture. The commitment of this organization goes beyond personal interests because everyone is motivated to serve.
- Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and Vision. The International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication, 1-9.
- Calder, W. B. (2014). Achieving an Institution’s Values, Vision, and Mission. College Quarterly, 17(2), n2.
- CIA – About.
- French, S. N., Kelly, S. J., & Harrison, J. L. (2001). Operationalizing vision and mission. Journal of Management & Organization, 7(2), 30-40.
- Gottlieb, H. (2007). 3 Statements That Can Change the World: Mission/Vision/Values. 3 Statements That Can Change the World: Mission/Vision/Values.
- Mirvis, P., Googins, B., & Kinnicutt, S. (2010). Vision, mission, values. Organizational Dynamics, 39(4), 316.