Delta Airlines mission statement is “we—Delta’s employees, customers, and community partners together form a force for positive local and global change, dedicated to bettering standards of living and the environment where we and our customers live and work.” The emphasis in this statement is all about the benefits of positive inter-relations and the difference they make. The statement relates to the following components:
- Improving lives. With this component, Delta Airlines demonstrates that all its services are geared towards helping people meet their business and travel needs by enabling them to reach their destinations on time. The Airline has an easy to use booking system with flexible flight schedules and a variety of ticket options to choose from.
- Exceeding expectations. Other than connecting people, Delta Airlines extends its services to other programs that impact on the wellness of communities. The corporate social responsibility branch of this organization actively runs empowerment activities in communities. The airline also contributes to environmental sustainability through emission reduction and adoption of reuse or recycling waste management options.
Delta Airlines has grown its market base through differentiated and client-tailored services. Today, it is one of the major airlines in the U.S. with vast inter-state demand. Since 1925, it has proven its capacity having crossed the mark of more than 180 million customers annually.
The success of Delta Airlines is a direct consequence of its mission and vision statements based on how they emphasize on productivity and progress. Ideally, a corporate vision statement talks about future achievements, while a corporate mission statement indicates the possibilities or ways of making the accomplishments a reality.
In the case of Delta Airlines, the vision statement is all about the reputation it creates among travelers. However, the mission statement zeroes on the strength that the company gains by creating healthy relationships with everyone. It shows that attitude is what keeps the company competitive. This is supported by the various core values that Delta Airlines enforces. Together with these, the corporation remains adequately equipped to conquer.
Delta Airlines vision statement is “to be the World’s Most Trusted Airline.” The company values its customers, and therefore, personalizes its services for maximum customer impacts. The statement has the following characteristics:
- Global reach. Delta Airlines keeps expanding its destinations to grow into a global entity. The company has also learned the importance of customer care art to grow its image beyond the local audience. The recent efforts to promote the inclusiveness of all people by incorporating sign language in the workers’ uniform speaks to this growth.
- Trusted Airline. Community engagement and involvement is one of the many ways Delta Airlines is increasing its popularity. This is in addition to the distinguished travel services that it provides.
Delta Airlines core values include “diversity and inclusion, honesty, integrity, respect, perseverance, and servant leadership.” The culture at Delta Airlines is a reflection of these values. In fact, they are the guiding principles for every operation of this corporation. Through their application, Delta Airlines has refined its customer service and stakeholder treatment over the years making it rank top among the best companies in the globe.
- Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and Vision. The International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication, 1-9.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Chun, R., & Davies, G. (2001). E-reputation: The role of mission and vision statements in positioning strategy. Journal of Brand Management, 8(4), 315-333.
- Darbi, W. P. K. (2012). Of mission and vision statements and their potential impact on employee behaviour and attitudes: The case of a public but profit-oriented tertiary institution. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(14).
- Delta Airlines – About.
- Van der Walt, J. L., Kroon, J., & Fourie, B. J. (2004). The importance of a vision and mission for small, medium-sized and large businesses. South African Journal of Economic and Management Sciences, 7(2), 206-220.
- Ward, B. (2015). Mission, vision and values.