Does Home Depot Offer a Military Discount? (Here’s the Answer)
Home Depot is one of the most popular home improvement stores in the United States. It offers a wide range of products for homeowners and contractors alike. But what about military members? Do they offer a military discount? In this article, we will answer all your questions about Home Depot’s military discount policy!
What Is Home Depot Military Discount Policy?
Home Depot offers 2 types of military discounts to active-duty and retired military personnel, as well as veterans and their select immediate family members:
- The Everyday discount (is active 365 days per year)
- The Holiday discount (is only available on the 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Veteran’s Day). This is a perfect gift for all other veterans who don’t fit into the “everyday discount” category.
How Much Is the Home Depot Military Discount?
Both discounts are 10% off qualifying purchases.
Who Is Eligible?
The Everyday discount is available to the following military personnel:
- Active military (Army, Air Force, Space Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Army National Guard, Coast Guard, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (USPHS))
- Reserve personnel
- Retired veterans who served for at least 20 years
- Those with a Service-Connected disability
Are Spouses or Dependents Also Eligible?
If you are in the military, your spouse can also get a military discount. However, your dependents and other family members are not eligible for the discount.
How to Get a Military Discount at Home Depot?
Here’s what we have found on Home Depot’s official website:
What Items Are Excluded From the Discount?
Home Depot’s generosity has some terms and conditions. The discount is not available on any gift cards, value-priced merchandise, appliances, wire, building materials, tool rental fees, sales tax, labor and installation services, and delivery fees.
Can You Combine Home Depot’s Military Discount With Other Offers?
No, Home Depot’s military discount cannot be used in combination with other promotional offers or discounts.
Are There Any Other Restrictions You Should Keep in Mind?
Yes, there is a $400 maximum annual discount limit for all Home Depot military discounts. If you exceed this limit, the difference will not be refunded or applied to your account. So the discount applies to the first $4,000 you spend every year.
How to Use a Military Discount Online at Home Depot?
Using your military discount online at Home Depot is easy. All you need is to create an account and then verify your identity. You need to register only one time. After that, you can use the discount online and in stores whenever you want. Moreover, the discount will be tied to your account and applied automatically at checkout.
How Else Can You Save at Home Depot?
In addition to the military discount, Home Depot offers two other ways you can save when shopping at their store:
- The Home Depot Price Match Guarantee means they will match the prices of local competitors.
- Home Depot Loyalty Scheme is an excellent way to save money for both DIYers and professionals.
- Clearance Sections help you save even more money by offering discounts on certain products.
- Bulk Discounts are also available on selected items.
- Their customer satisfaction survey is a great way to get a chance to win a $5,000 gift card.
- Home Depot Credit Card holders qualify for extra discounts and rewards. However, it’s worth noting that the process of getting it may be extremely long, tiring, and hectic.
- Home Depot Garden Club, an exclusive membership program, provides members with special offers, including discounts on gardening products. Plus, all members get a 5% discount on their first purchase after joining.
- Home Depot first responder discount: The company offers a 10% discount to all first responders, including police officers, firefighters, and paramedics.
As you can see, Home Depot is committed to helping its customers save money, no matter their military status. With the multiple discounts, deals, and rewards available, it’s easy to find the perfect savings for your next home improvement project.
What Other Companies Offer Military Discounts?
In addition to Home Depot, many other companies also offer discounts and benefits for veterans and active military personnel. Here are some of the most popular ones:
|Target||A 10% discount||All active-duty service members, reservists, veterans, and their families|
|Kohl’s||A 15% discount on in-store purchases every Monday||All active duty and retired members of the US Armed Forces, veterans, former military personnel, Reserve/National Guard, and their families|
|Ace Hardware||A 10% discount||All current and former military personnel as well as their families|
|Amazon||A discounted Amazon Prime membership rate of $79 per year||All active-duty service members, reservists, veterans, and their families|
|Dell||10% off||All active duty, National Guard, reservists veterans, retirees|
|Nobull||15% off||Members of the United States Armed Forces, including service members, retirees, and veterans|
So, to summarize, Home Depot offers a 10% military discount (both an Everyday and Holiday version) for active-duty and retired military personnel, veterans, and their spouses. You should remember that the discount is limited to $400 per year, it cannot be combined with other offers, and it does not apply to gift cards, value-priced merchandise, appliances, wire, building materials, tool rental fees, sales tax, labor and installation services, and delivery fees. Additionally, Home Depot offers a Price Match Guarantee and Home Depot Loyalty Scheme to help customers further their savings. With all these discounts and deals, it’s easy to find the perfect savings for your next home improvement project.