Does Lowe’s Drug Test? Everything You Need to Know
Lowe’s is a popular home improvement store that offers a variety of products and services. They are known for their low prices and quality merchandise. In addition to its in-store offerings, Lowe’s also offers online shopping. One question that many people have is whether or not Lowe’s conducts drug tests on employees. In this blog post, we will answer that question and provide other information related to Lowe’s drug testing policy.
Does Lowe’s Drug Test in 2023?
Lowe’s does drug testing on its employees as part of the application procedure and in the case of a work accident resulting in an injury. Additionally, Lowe’s has the right to perform random drug testing as part of its employment agreement. The most common form of drug test at Lowe’s is a mouth swab test.
Lowe’s Drug Testing Policy
Lowe’s has a strict drug testing policy in place to protect the safety of its employees and customers, which includes all levels of employees, including part-time workers. The company’s managers and supervisors are educated to observe, report, and address drug-related problems in order to enforce this rule.
If an employee is found to be in possession of or under the influence of narcotics while on the job at Lowe’s, they will be terminated immediately.
Timeframe for Drug Testing at Lowe’s
Lowe’s conducts drug tests during the application process and if an employee is involved in a work-related accident that results in injury. Additionally, Lowe’s has the right to perform random drug tests as part of the employment agreement.
All applicants who receive a job offer from Lowe’s are required to take a pre-employment drug test.
If an employee is involved in a work-related accident that results in injury, they will be required to take a drug test.
Lowe’s has the right to perform random drug tests as part of the employment agreement.
Lowe’s Drug Testing for Marijuana
Marijuana use is still illegal in most states, so it’s not surprising that companies like Lowe’s drug test their employees. However, with more and more states legalizing marijuana, it’s worth asking whether Lowe’s will start changing their policy.
Types of Drug Testing Used by Lowe’s
Lowe’s uses a variety of drug tests, including urine, blood, and hair tests. They also use mouth swab tests, which are becoming increasingly popular.
- Urine drug tests are the most common type of drug test and can detect a wide range of drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, opiates, and amphetamines. Blood drug tests are less common, but can be used to detect drugs that are not detectable by urine tests, such as alcohol.
- Hair drug tests are less common than urine or blood tests but can detect drugs that have been used over a longer period of time.
- Mouth swab drug tests are becoming increasingly popular because they are quick and easy to administer. They can also detect a wide range of drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, opiates, and amphetamines.
Time for Drug Test Results to Return
Drug tests usually take a few days to return, but the exact time depends on the type of test and the laboratory that is processing the results.
- Urine drug tests can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to return.
- Blood drug tests are less common but can take up to a week to return.
- Hair drug tests are less common than urine or blood tests but can take up to a week or more to return.
- Mouth swab drug tests are becoming increasingly popular because they are quick and easy to administer. They can usually provide results within a few minutes.
Random Drug Testing at Lowe’s
Lowe’s does not have a strict policy of conducting random drug tests on employees. However, they reserve the right to do so in the event of a work accident or if they suspect an employee is under the influence of drugs.
Consequences of Failing a Drug Test
Passing the drug test is a requirement of employment at Lowe’s to guarantee the safety of customers and employees. Lowe’s will definitely contact you by phone to notify you of the results of your drug test and to determine whether you qualify for the next step of the application process.
If you want to be a Lowe’s employee, then your drug test should be negative. But if you are an existing employee at the company and fail your drug test, you will be terminated immediately.
States with Restrictions on Drug Testing
States that do not allow drug testing are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Reapplication to Lowe’s after Failing Drug Test
If you fail a drug test, you can reapply to Lowe’s after three months.
Products That Can Cause a False-Positive Result
There are many products that can cause a false-positive result on a drug test.
Some of these products include:
- Antibiotics: Some antibiotics, such as amoxicillin and penicillin, can cause a false-positive result for cocaine.
- Antidepressants: Drugs such as Wellbutrin and Zoloft can cause a false-positive result for amphetamines.
- Cold medicines: Cold medicines such as pseudoephedrine can cause a false-positive result for amphetamines.
- Decongestants: Decongestants such as Sudafed can cause a false-positive result for amphetamines.
- Weight loss products: Products such as Phentermine can cause a false-positive result for amphetamines.
- Pain relievers: Pain relievers such as codeine can cause a false-positive result for heroin.
As you can see, there are many products that can cause a false-positive result on a drug test. If you are taking any of these products, it is important to let your employer know so that they can take the appropriate steps to ensure that you do not fail your drug test.
If you’re applying for a job at Lowe’s and fail your drug test, you can reapply after three months. Lowe’s is a drug-free workplace, and they have a strict policy in place to ensure the safety of their employees and customers. If you’re caught using drugs while on the job, you will be terminated immediately.