Does Petco Have Tuition Assistance? (Petco Benefits Explained)
Tuition assistance is a popular employee benefit that allows workers to pursue a degree or certification while receiving financial assistance from their employer. If you’re a Petco employee, you might be interested in learning whether or not the company offers this benefit.
In this blog post, we’ll break down what tuition assistance is and whether or not Petco has it as part of its benefits package. So, let’s dive right into it!
Does Petco Have Tuition Assistance?
Unfortunately, Petco does not appear to offer tuition assistance as part of its employee benefits package. There is no mention of this benefit on the company’s official website, job postings, or former employee reviews on Glassdoor.
This means that if you’re looking to pursue a degree or certification while working at Petco, you’ll likely need to foot the bill yourself.
However, there are other benefits that Petco does offer its employees. Read on to find out more about them.
What Benefits Does Petco Offer?
Although Petco does not offer tuition assistance, there are still plenty of benefits that employees can take advantage of. These include:
1. Discounts and Perks
As a Petco employee, you have access to a range of discounts and perks. For example, you can get the following discounts:
- 40% off products sold by Petco-owned brands
- 60% off products sold by Petco brand partners.
- 20% off grooming, one-on-one dog training, and vet service
- 20% off most in-store purchases and services
- 10% off online purchases
- free dog training group classes in-store.
Additionally, you may also be eligible for home and auto insurance, as well as paid personal liability insurance.
2. Bonuses and Incentives
Petco rewards your hard work and dedication with bonuses and long-term incentives. For example, you may be eligible for annual equity stock grants, employee referral bonuses, and sign-on bonuses. Depending on your role and location, you may also be eligible for quarterly and production bonuses.
3. Paid Time Off
Petco understands the importance of work-life balance and offers flexible and paid time off. You can take paid holidays, paid parental leave, and even pet bereavement leave. This allows you to take time off to recharge and take care of personal matters without worrying about losing pay or facing negative consequences.
4. Health and Wellness Benefits
Petco offers a range of health and wellness benefits to help you stay healthy and take care of yourself and your family.
For example, you can take advantage of paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as mental health insurance. You can also get adoption and fertility benefits, domestic partner/dependent coverage, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Plus, you have access to an Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 legal, financial, health, and wellness resources to support your overall well-being.
5. Retirement Benefits
To help you plan for your future, Petco offers a 401(k) retirement plan. You can contribute a portion of your earnings to the plan and receive contributions from Petco. Over time, your contributions and earnings will grow, allowing you to build a nest egg for retirement.
What Companies Have Tuition Assistance?
Although Petco does not offer tuition assistance, there are plenty of other companies that do. Some of the most generous employers in terms of tuition assistance include:
- Amazon – up to 95% of tuition and required fees covered, along with textbooks
- Apple – up to $5,250 in tuition reimbursement annually
- Bank of America – up to $7,500 in annual tuition assistance, plus $1,500 for books
- CVS Health – up to $4,000 a year for full-time employees and up to $2,000 a year for part-time employees
- Home Depot – up to $5,250 in tuition reimbursement annually for salaried employees, $3,000 for full-time employees, and $1,500 for part-time employees
- McDonald’s – up to $3,500 for full-time employees and $2,500 for part-time employees.
- Pizza Hut – up to 51% of tuition fees at Excelsior College
- Publix – up to $3,200 in tuition reimbursement annually for college and university, up to $1,700 otherwise
- Taco Bell – up to $5,020 in tuition reimbursement annually
- T-Mobile – up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement annually for full-time and $2,500 for part-time employees
- UPS – up to $5,250 annually, plus reimbursement on some educational expenses
- Verizon – up to $13,250 in tuition reimbursement annually for full-time and $8,000 for part-time employees
- Wells Fargo – up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement annually
- Walmart – $1 a day for certain courses
These are just a few of the companies that offer tuition assistance to their employees. There are plenty more out there if you’re looking to further your education while working full-time.
While Petco does not offer tuition assistance, they do offer great benefits to its employees. You can enjoy a range of health and wellness benefits, paid time off, bonuses, and even long-term incentives.
However, if you do need tuition assistance, there are plenty of other companies that offer it. Just be sure to check the benefits list of each company to make sure it meets your needs. With the right employer, you can balance work and school while still getting the necessary financial help.