Does Safeway Sell Alcohol? (Locations, Types of Alcohol Sold, and More)
If you’re looking for a grocery store that sells alcohol, Safeway is a great option. There are many Safeway locations across the United States that sell beer, wine, and spirits. In this blog post, we’ll answer all of your questions about Safeway and alcohol. We’ll provide a list of Safeway locations that sell alcohol, as well as the types of alcohol that the chain carries. Let’s get started!
Does Safeway Sell Alcohol?
Yes, Safeway sells alcohol at most of its locations. However, you can buy it only in select states. You can find beer, wine, and spirits at Safeway stores. The chain carries a wide variety of alcoholic beverages, so you’re sure to find something that you like.
Continue reading to explore what types of alcohol they sell, where you can buy it, and what are the operating hours.
What Safeway Stores Sell Alcohol?
Here is a list of Safeway locations that sell alcohol:
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
This is not an exhaustive list, but it should give you an idea of where you can buy alcohol at Safeway. If you’re not sure whether your local Safeway sells alcohol, you can always call ahead and ask.
Does Safeway Sell Alcohol Online?
Yes, Safeway sells alcohol online. You can order beer, wine, or spirits from the Safeway website for pick-up or delivery. However, you will need to provide a valid ID when you pick up your order.
What Types of Alcohol Are Available at Safeway?
Safeway carries a wide variety of alcoholic beverages. But the selection varies depending on the store location, supply, and stock. Here’s a full list of the most popular alcoholic beverages available at the chain:
- Beers (Guinness, Corona, Corona Premier, Heineken, Bear Republic, Lagunitas, etc.)
- Ciders (Golden State Cider, Stella Artois, 2 Towns Ciderhouse, ACE, Angry Orchard, etc.)
- Wines (Los Hermanos, Kendall-Jackson, O Organics, La Crema, Kim Crawford, Bogle Vineyards, Cupcake Vineyards, etc.)
- Sparkling Wines (Andre, La Marca, Cook’s California Champagne, Korbel, etc.)
- Gin (Beefeater, Gordons, Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire, Aviation, etc.)
- Tequila (Gran Patron, TEQUILA CAZADORES, Casimigos, Jose Cuervo, etc.)
- Vodka (Absolut, SKYY, Signature Reserve, Grey Goose, Titos, etc.)
- Rum (Bacardi, Kraken, Kings Bay, Parrot Bay, Malibu, etc.)
- Scotch (The Macallan, The Glenlivet, Ardbeg, Dewars, etc.)
- Cocktail mixes (Roses, Master of Mixes, Angostura, Lefty O’Doul’s, Zing Zang, etc.)
When Does Safeway Sell Alcohol?
Safeway sells alcohol from 9 AM to 9 PM. However, the exact hours may vary depending on the store location. You can call your local Safeway to find out the exact hours.
Does Safeway Sell Alcohol in Canada?
Currently, Safeway does not sell alcohol in Canada. However, this may change in the future as the chain expands its operations.
But the good news is that Safeway has its own brand of liquor stores called Safeway Liquor. There are 10 Safeway Liquor stores located throughout Canada, including Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
Safeway does sell alcohol at most of its locations, but the selection and availability may vary depending on your state. You can order beer, wine, or spirits both in-store and online for pick-up or delivery. Check your local Safeway’s website or give them a call to find out what alcohol options are available near you.
We hope that this blog post has answered all of your questions about Safeway and alcohol. If you have any additional questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading! Cheers!