Dropbox mission statement is “to design a more enlightened way of working.” The company shows that it prioritizes on redesigning and improving the working experiences in the modern era. Its statement includes two main components:
- Enhanced working designs
- Improving lives
Dropbox provides specialized services such as personal cloud, file synchronization, cloud storage, and client software among others. The company is constantly researching and devising smart ways of making work enjoyable and seamless. With its services, individuals experience organized working spaces, reduced busywork, and improved focus. In this way, the company directly contributes to the productivity of individuals. In fact, its use in groups eliminates distractions and increases the flow of work.
Dropbox is a popular corporation that specializes on file hosting services. It was founded in 2007 to provide a modernized workspace for professionals through creative approaches that make it easy to handle and synchronize files. Dropbox draws a lot of its success from the use of corporate statements as central tools for guiding its operations.
A corporate vision statement is all about the growth direction of a business, while a corporate mission statement describes the technicalities of promoting the growth process. The vision statement of Dropbox focuses on being a dependable company that simplifies work for its clients. Its mission statement complements this vision by prioritizing on designs that leave a difference in the working life of individuals and teams. Dropbox incorporates specific core values such as accountability to ensure that it remains on track in this journey.
Dropbox vision statement is “to provide transformative services that transform the way people work.” While this is not the official vision statement of the company, it represents everything Dropbox has been striving for since its foundation.
The firm has built unique products to accommodate the various needs of different clients. It has packages that range from plus, professional, business, and enterprise. All of these offer varying services with the most common ones including the capacity to transfer files without worries about security and delivery hitches, and seamless integration of Dropbox services with other conventional tools.
Dropbox core values include “accountability, flexibility, security, and trust.” The company enforces these values to ensure that it builds a reputation as a trustworthy and dependable service provider. Considering the sensitivity of information from different companies and individuals, it is crucial for Dropbox to assure its clients of their security through these values.
- Babnik, K., Breznik, K., Dermol, V., & Širca, N. T. (2014). The mission statement: organizational culture perspective. Industrial Management & Data Systems.
- Chun, R., & Davies, G. (2001). E-reputation: The role of mission and vision statements in positioning strategy. Journal of Brand Management, 8(4), 315-333.
- David, F. R., & David, F. R. (2003). It’s time to redraft your mission statement. Journal of Business Strategy, 24(1), 11-14.
- Dropbox – About.
- Pearce, J. A., & David, F. (1987). Corporate mission statements: The bottom line. Academy of Management Perspectives, 1(2), 109-115.
- Tarnow, E. (1997). A recipe for mission and vision statements. Journal of Marketing Practice: Applied Marketing Science.