EY mission statement is “building a better working world.” The statement shows that EY is determined to do everything to excel and leave notable impacts wherever it operates. This statement has the following points:
- Improving lives
- Global reach
At EY, meeting all the needs of the clients with perfection is a priority. That is why the company emphasizes the need for professionalism from all its workforce. In fact, EY makes it clear that it is part of the transformative age as it remains in control of its performance to drive growth. While leading in enabling the customers to achieve their financial and other capital ambitions, EY ensures that its reach goes beyond the UK to other parts of the globe through expansion.
Ernst & Young (EY) is one of the leading accounting and consulting film globally. It competes at the top with KPMG and Deloitte. The rise of EY in the professional services niche has a lot to do with its mission and vision statements. Since 1989, EY has shown its commitment to the focus of these two corporate statements by prioritizing growing together with the people it serves.
A corporate vision statement determines what a company wants to achieve in the long term. On the other hand, a corporate mission statement identifies the approaches that would drive the company towards the vision. In this case analysis of EY, the vision statement emphasizes on the leadership and dependable nature of the company. The mission statement identifies the critical area that the company impacts to drive growth. EY also draws significant influence from its core values. They enable the company to remain focused on its goals and purposes.
EY vision statement is “we’re building the workplace of the future at EY a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible.” The focus of this statement is the provision of better working environments as an ingredient for the overall growth of the company. The statement has the following components:
- Targeting workplaces
- Improving the future
EY acknowledges the power of a motivated workforce. It uses this knowledge to its advantage by constantly improving the experiences of its professionals, and this translates to the impressive performance of the company. The outcome is that clients also become satisfied.
EY core values comprise “future-mindedness, integrity, respect, and teamwork.”
With these values, EY has become a sought-after company due to the uniqueness and quality of its services. The culture that continues to form in this corporation show potential ideal for future success as well.
- Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and Vision. The International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication, 1-9.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say?. Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- EY – Home.
- Khalifa, A. S. (2012). Mission, purpose, and ambition: redefining the mission statement. Journal of Strategy and Management.
- Milner, L. A., & Ferrari, J. R. (2010). Embracing the institutional mission: Influences of identity processing styles. Journal of Catholic Higher Education, 29(2), 255-268.
- Wan, E. (2010). Core Values of Mission Organization in the Cultural Context of the 21st Century. Global Missiology English, 2(6).