How Much Is Target Employee Discount? (Unlock the Benefits)
If you’re looking for a job that comes with some great discounts, look no further than Target. The retail giant offers employees a discount on merchandise both in-store and online. This can be a major perk for those looking to save money on household items, clothes, and more. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the employee discounts offered at Target and what you can expect to save.
What Is Target Employee Discount Policy?
Target offers two types of discounts to employees: a 10% discount on most items and a 25% discount on grocery and wellness products. Both discounts are available online and in-store and can be used in combination with gift cards, coupons, and rebates. Employees who are Target RedCard members also enjoy an extra 5% off on in-store and online purchases.
Additionally, workers can get 10% off drinks and other items at Target Starbucks locations.
Who Is Eligible for Target Employee Discount?
All regular and part-time Target employees are eligible to receive the discount. The discount is also extended to employee’s spouses. To get the discount, employees must show their ID badges at the register or type in their employee number when shopping online.
What Items Are Not Eligible for the Discount?
Unfortunately, some items are not eligible for the employee discount. These include:
- Apple products and accessories
- Target Clinic services
- Optical products and services
- Gift cards
- Select electronics (including video games, drones, and GoPro cameras)
- Target Optical frames
- Prepaid cards (including iTunes)
- Clearance items (it is already reduced below the standard 15% off)
How Can You Get an Employee Discount Card?
To get an employee discount card, you must first be hired as a regular or part-time Target employee. Once you are eligible, just follow the next steps to obtain your card:
- Apply for the employee discount card by visiting the HR department at your Target store or distribution center. They will give you the application form to fill out.
- Provide the required information. You will need to provide your name, employee ID, and other personal information on the application form.
- Wait for approval. Target will review your application, and if approved, you will receive your employee discount card in the mail or at your store location.
Alternatively, you can request your discount card through the HRConnect website. You need to enter your employee ID and password to log in.
How Can You Use Target Employee Discount?
Once you have an employee discount card, you can start using it to get discounts on purchases at Target. Here are the steps:
- Visit your local Target store or go to the website and choose the items you want to purchase.
- At checkout, present your employee discount card and show your ID badge to the cashier.
- Your discount will be applied automatically.
- If you are shopping online, enter your employee ID number during checkout, and the discount will be applied accordingly.
How to Use the Target Employee Discount at Self-Checkouts?
Using the employee discount at self-checkout is easy. Then follow the steps below:
- Scan your items at the self-checkout station.
- Tap on the “Discounts” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your employee ID or scan your employee discount card.
- The discount will be applied automatically and visible on the payment screen.
- Now you can proceed to check out and pay with your preferred payment method.
Make sure to have your ID badge and employee discount card handy, as the store associate may ask to see them.
How Much Do Target Employees Earn?
The hourly wage for Target employees varies based on the job position, location, and experience. According to data from Glassdoor, the average hourly wage for a Target team member is around $12.50, but this can range from $9 to $17 per hour.
Here are some estimated hourly wages for common job positions at Target:
- Cashier: $11 – $15 per hour
- Sales Associate: $11 – $15 per hour
- Team Leader: $18 – $24 per hour
- Assistant Store Manager: $54,000 – $70,000 annually
- Store Manager: $75,000 – $95,000 annually
It is important to note that Target has been increasing its minimum hourly wage for employees over the past few years, with the goal of reaching a $15 per hour minimum wage for all employees by the end of 2020. However, some employees and labor advocates have criticized the wage increases as insufficient, particularly given the high cost of living in some areas where Target stores are located.
What Benefits Does Target Offer Its Employees?
Target offers a range of benefits to its employees, including:
- Health and wellness benefits: Target provides medical, dental, and vision insurance to its employees, as well as access to a 24/7 nurse line and virtual doctor visits.
- 401(k) plan: Employees are eligible to participate in a 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching contributions.
- Paid time off: Target provides paid vacation, sick time, and holidays to its employees.
- Parental leave: New parents, including birth mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents, are eligible for up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Education benefits: Target offers tuition reimbursement for employees who pursue higher education or professional development.
- Discounts: Employees receive a 10% discount on Target purchases, as well as discounts on other products and services from partner companies.
- Life insurance and disability benefits: Target provides life insurance and disability benefits to its employees.
- Career development: Target offers opportunities for career advancement and training programs for employees to develop new skills.
Note that the specific benefits offered by Target may vary based on job position and other factors. Additionally, some benefits may have eligibility requirements or other limitations.
Is It Worth Becoming a Target Team Member?
Whether becoming a Target team member is worth it or not depends on your personal preferences, career goals, and individual circumstances. Here are some potential pros and cons to consider:
Employee benefits: Target offers a range of benefits to its employees, including health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and parental leave, which can make it an attractive option for individuals looking for a job with good benefits.
- Opportunities for career advancement: Target offers training programs and opportunities for career advancement, which can be beneficial for individuals who are looking to grow their skills and advance their careers.
- Positive work environment: Many employees report that they enjoy working at Target and find the work environment to be positive and supportive.
- Flexible scheduling: Target offers flexible scheduling options, which can be beneficial for individuals who need a job with hours that fit their personal schedule.
- Low pay: While Target has been increasing its minimum wage for employees in recent years, some employees and labor advocates have criticized the wage increases as insufficient, particularly given the high cost of living in some areas where Target stores are located.
- Workload: Some employees may find the workload at Target to be demanding, particularly during busy seasons like the holiday shopping season.
- Customer service: Like many retail jobs, working at Target involves interacting with customers on a daily basis, which can be challenging for some individuals.
Ultimately, whether becoming a Target team member is worth it or not depends on your individual circumstances and preferences. It’s a good idea to weigh the pros and cons carefully and consider your career goals before making a decision.
Can You Share the Target Employee Discount?
The employee discount is not available to be shared with family and friends. The employee or their spouse can only use it.
Does Target Hire Teens?
Yes, Target does hire teenagers – those aged 16 and over. They are eligible to work as cashiers, sales associates, and stockers. However, teens may not be employed in certain positions, such as managers or department leads.
How Much Will You Save With Target Employee Discount?
Target employees can save up to 35% on their purchases. Depending on the item, there may be other coupons and discounts available in addition to the employee discount. It’s always a good idea to check for any additional discounts before making your purchase.
Becoming a Target team member can be a rewarding experience for many individuals, offering not only competitive wages and benefits but also opportunities for career advancement. It’s important to weigh the pros and cons carefully to determine if it is the right fit for you. No matter your decision, Target offers a number of benefits and opportunities for individuals looking to join the team.
With Target’s employee discount policy, you can save money on in-store and online items. So take advantage of the discounts offered and unlock the benefits of being a Target employee.