How to Prepare for Walmart Orientation? (A Complete Guide)
If you’re starting a new job at Walmart, you’re likely wondering what to expect during your orientation.
In this guide, we’ll answer some common questions about Walmart orientation and provide some tips on how to prepare for this process to make the most of this important experience. So, keep reading to learn more!
What Is Walmart Orientation?
Walmart Orientation is your introduction to the company and its policies, procedures, and culture. It’s an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with the company, learn more about your job responsibilities, and meet people who work in similar roles.
During orientation, you can expect to receive paperwork that outlines the company’s policies and procedures. This can include information about pay, benefits, and other important details. You’ll also get to learn more about Walmart’s history, values, and goals.
In addition to providing you with information about your job duties, the orientation process also gives you a chance to ask questions and get familiar with your new work environment.
How Long Does It Take to Be Called for Orientation?
The time it takes to be called for orientation can vary depending on the job and the location. Busier stores may take longer to process new hires. Generally, you can expect an invitation within a week or two after being hired.
During this time, you may be asked to complete some pre-orientation paperwork, such as background checks, drug tests, and other requirements. Once these steps have been completed, you will likely receive a call to schedule an orientation date.
Will I Get Paid for Attending Walamrt Orientation?
Yes, you will get paid for attending Walmart orientation. Since orientation is considered working hours, you will receive the same pay rate as you would for any other shift.
What Does Walmart Orientation Involve?
During Walmart orientation, you will learn important information about the company and its policies. The orientation typically involves a mix of presentations, videos, and hands-on training activities. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with other new hires.
Some of the topics that may be covered during Walmart orientation include the company’s mission and values, dress code, workplace safety, customer service, and employee benefits. You will also receive information about your job duties and responsibilities, as well as the tools and resources you will need to perform your job effectively.
In addition to learning about Walmart’s policies and procedures, you will also have the opportunity to meet your fellow employees and get to know your coworkers. This can help you feel more comfortable and confident as you start your new job.
When Does Walmart Orientation Start?
Walmart orientation typically starts bright and early in the morning. This is because mornings are often the slowest time of day for the store, so it’s easier to accommodate new hires.
Although the exact starting times may vary depending on the store, you can usually expect to start orientation between 8 AM and 9 AM.
How Long Does Walmart Orientation Last?
The whole orientation process usually lasts about a week. It’s usually enough time for new employees to get comfortable with the job and its expectations.
What Should I Wear for Walmart Orientation?
When it comes to Walmart orientation, it’s always best to dress comfortably. Here are some tips to help you decide on the appropriate attire:
- Wear comfortable clothes: Since orientation is a more informal atmosphere, avoid wearing business attire. Jeans, plain t-shirts, and comfortable shoes are all suitable options.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You may be doing a lot of walking or standing during your orientation, so wear comfortable shoes that are appropriate for a professional setting. However, make sure to avoid open-toed shoes or sandals.
- Avoid revealing clothing: Make sure that your clothing is appropriate for a professional setting and not too revealing.
- Avoild logo t-shirts and clothing with offensive messages or images: Walmart’s dress code prohibits any clothing with offensive language or images.
if you’d like to learn more about Walmart’s dress code, we recommend you check out our guide to Walmart’s dress code.
What Should I Bring with Me for Walmart Orientation?
If you’re attending Walmart orientation, it’s important to come prepared. Here are some items that you should bring with you:
- Two forms of government-issued identification: This is to verify your identity when you arrive.
- Pen and paper: You may need to take notes during orientation, so it’s a good idea to bring something that you can write with.
- Questions: You may want to ask questions throughout your orientation, so it’s helpful to come prepared with a list of questions.
- Positive attitude: Most importantly, bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
How Do I Prepare For Walmart Orientation?
Preparing for your Walmart orientation can help you make the most of the experience and set you up for success in your new job. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Research Walmart: Before your orientation, take some time to research Walmart’s history, values, and mission. This will help you better understand the company’s culture and what is expected of you as an employee.
- Review the job description: Review the job description for your position and make note of any questions you have. This will help you be prepared to ask questions during orientation and ensure that you understand your responsibilities.
- Get plenty of rest: Orientation can be intense and you’ll be learning a lot of new information, so make sure to get plenty of rest before your first day.
- Practice good hygiene: Be sure to practice good hygiene by showering, brushing your teeth, and wearing clean clothes. You’ll be meeting new people and want to make a good impression.
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive early on your first day of orientation. This will give you time to find the location and get settled in before the program begins.
- Bring the necessary items: As mentioned earlier, bring the necessary items such as a government-issued ID, direct deposit information, and any required paperwork.
- Have a positive attitude: Finally, approach your orientation with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. This is your opportunity to learn about Walmart’s culture and values, and to meet your new colleagues. Come ready to engage and participate in the activities and discussions.
Walmart orientation is an important step in becoming a Walmart employee. It’s a great opportunity to learn about the company, meet your coworkers, and get to know the expectations of your job. To make the most of this experience, come prepared and bring positive attitude and willingness to learn. Good luck!