Quitting your job can be a daunting task, especially if you have to do it in a way that doesn’t burn any bridges. Kohl’s is a great place to work, but sometimes people need to move on for different reasons. If you’re thinking about quitting your job at Kohl’s, here are some tips that will help make the process go as smoothly as possible!
Why You Should Quit Kohl’s?
Leaving your job at Kohl’s can be a difficult decision to make. However, certain situations might warrant quitting your job at Kohl’s. Here are some reasons why you might want to consider quitting your job at Kohl’s:
- You have a better and more exciting opportunity elsewhere – There may be an opportunity available elsewhere that is more suited to your skills and interests, or it may provide better pay or other benefits.
- You don’t feel comfortable in the working environment – The work environment at Kohl’s may not be a good fit for you, and it may be time to move on.
- You feel like your career is stuck in a rut – If you have been at Kohl’s for a while and feel like your career has stalled, then it might be time to move on.
- You need more flexible hours – Kohl’s may not offer the flexibility you need to balance your work and personal life, so it may be time to move on.
How to Quit Kohl’s?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to quit your job at Kohl’s:
- Go to Kohl’s Human Resources page.
- Log in as an Active Associate. If you don’t have an account, you can create one.
- Click on the “Current Paycheck” button. This will take you to the Workday system.
- From there, click on your name in the top right corner.
- Select Actions, then Job Change, and then Resign.
- Fill out the form to officially submit your resignation. You can also select the reason for your resignation, but it’s not required.
- Kohl’s will keep in touch with you regarding the details of your leaving. Be sure to provide any information they may need.
Once you’ve submitted your resignation, it’s important to stay professional until your last day. Don’t badmouth the company or spread gossip, as this could lead to repercussions.
How to Get a W-2 from Kohl’s?
Once you’ve officially resigned from your job at Kohl’s, you’ll need to obtain a copy of your W-2 form. Here’s how:
- Sign in as a Former Associate to Kohl’s Human Resources page.
- Enter your zip code and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- After your identity is verified, you can view and print your W-2.
Kohl’s will also mail a paper copy of your W-2 for the previous year by January 31.
What Are Some Tips for Quitting Your Job at Kohl’s?
- Give adequate notice: It’s important to give Kohl’s enough time to find a suitable replacement for you, so make sure you give at least two weeks’ notice before your last day.
- Keep in contact: After you quit, make sure to keep in contact with your former coworkers and managers. You never know when a networking opportunity may arise, and it’s always beneficial to stay connected with the people you worked with.
- Keep it professional: When you quit, make sure to do so professionally. Talk to your employer in person, and explain (briefly) why you’re leaving. Keep it cordial, and thank them for all the time you spent together.
- Use your contacts: Take advantage of any contacts you may have at Kohl’s that can help in your job search. Getting a good reference from someone you worked with can be very helpful when looking for a new job.
- Move on: Lastly, make sure to move on from the job in a positive way. You may have had a great experience at Kohl’s, and you should be proud of that. Moving forward positively will make the transition much easier for you.
Quitting your job can be an intimidating process, but with these tips, you’ll be able to make the transition as smooth as possible. Good luck!
*Bonus Tip: Make sure to update your resume and LinkedIn profile with new skills and experiences gained from your time at Kohl’s. This will help you stand out to prospective employers!*
Can You Return to Kohl’s After Quitting?
Yes, you can return to Kohl’s after quitting. However, this depends on the circumstances of your leaving. If you left on good terms and have kept in contact with Kohl’s since quitting, then you may be able to come back in the future. Those who just abandoned their position without giving proper notice may not be as successful in returning.
It’s important to note that even if you can return, the job you’re offered may not be the same one you had previously. In some cases, you may even need to apply for a new position as if you were a new hire.
If you do decide to return to Kohl’s, be sure to make it clear that you’re committed and that you understand their reasons for wanting to hire someone new. This will show that you’ve taken the time to reflect on your decision and are willing to put in the effort to make it work.
Leaving your job at Kohl’s can be a difficult decision to make, but following these steps will help ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. Make sure you read the company’s policies before submitting your resignation, and keep in touch with Human Resources for any assistance needed. Finally, don’t forget to get a copy of your W-2 before you go! Good luck.
Hope this helps you quit the job successfully. All the best! 🙂
Visited 1,019 times, 1 visit(s) today