Instagram mission statement is “to capture and share the world’s moments.” Instagram branding revolves around creating visual impressions that leave its clients with long-lasting memories, and this is what this mission statement alludes to. It can be associated with the following components.
- Sharing of ideas. Through its interactive platform, Instagram has redefined the concept of sharing ideas online. It does this through its unique features that enable its users to express ideas in diversifies ways. There is absolutely no limit in how the users of this social media platform can express themselves including the use of hashtags, picture videos, and captions. Its rise is what has given the modern generation what it terms as communication freedom with a new outlook.
- Boosting global communication. Though launched in 2010, Instagram prides in being one of the fastest growing companies in the world. With its interactive and adaptive features that are also user-friendly, the platform continuously attracts millions of users daily. The interconnectivity characterizing this company shows its scope of operation – at the global arena. For instance, when it comes to Instagram, there is no geographical limit to who can view, like or share pictures of others, it is a freely interactive platform that ensures all its users stay connected wherever they are.
Its true Instagram stands unrivaled in taking social networking from textual to pictorial in the modern era. Its speedy rise to prominence in less than a decade directly relates to the framing of Instagram mission and vision statements. Today, the company dines with the top social media firms, with its platform attracts billions of users daily.
The practicality of this success is because the company understands the importance of having a focused mission and vision statements. Just like the vision of a company is all about its future, Instagram vision statement emphasizes on the features, interactiveness and the experience the company wants to treat its users to.
It advances this with its mission statement that agrees with what one would expect the mission statement to enshrine – the strategic actions of a company towards its future. Instagram mission statement describes the primary service that it gives its customers in a concise statement.
To ensure the fruition of its operations, Instagram incorporates core values as the principles that direct everything about the company. Through values such as creativity and simplicity, Instagram has consistently maintained its commitment to fulfilling its mission and vision statements.
Instagram mission statement describes the primary service that it gives its customers in a concise statement. To ensure the fruition of its operations, Instagram incorporates core values as the principles that direct everything about the company. Through values such as creativity and simplicity, Instagram has consistently maintained its commitment to fulfilling its mission and vision statements.
Instagram vision statement is “to solve three simple problems: Mobile photos always come out looking mediocre. Our awesome looking filters transform your photos into professional-looking snapshots. Sharing on multiple platforms is a pain – we help you take a picture once, then share it (instantly) on multiple services. Most uploading experiences are clumsy and take forever – we’ve optimized the experience to be fast and efficient.” The statement clearly states the ways through which the company strives to give its users the best online services. Components that one can link to this vision statement comprise:
- Transforming photos. Instagram is all about pictures, and to meet this need, the company has specially designed features to give its users wow moments when it comes to improving images. With just a click of a button, Instagram takes a photo from amateur to a top professional look in a matter of seconds. It filters and color balancing capabilities are exactly what the users dream of.
- Limitless Sharing. Instagram recognizes the hustles of sharing information across different platform. To address this issue, the company has an integrated design that allows its users to seamlessly share their photos across different social media platforms in a single upload.
Instagram core values comprise “Community first, inspire creativity, and simplicity matters.” These values are important to the company as they keep it focused on its mission and vision statements. They include the following traits:
- Community first
- Inspire creativity
- Simplicity matters
Instagram emphasizes that its priority lies with its users by tailoring all its features to be as user-friendly as possible. It blends this with creativity to ensure that they are left awestruck and longing for more of the experiences. Since communication and creating moments is the objective of the company, Instagram has demonstrated caution through its open simplicity such as ease to upload, edit and share images.
- Anninos, L. N., & Chytiris, L. S. (2012). The sustainable management vision for excellence: implications for business education. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, 4(1), 61-75.
- CBM, N. G. (2017). BUILD A LEADERSHIP VISION. Strategic Finance, 99(5), 22-24.
- Dym, B., Egmont, S., & Watkins, L. (2011). Mission, Vision, and Effective Nonprofit Leadership. FT Press.
- Fitch, P. (2017). The Value of Vision. The Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 70(6), 472.
- Graesser, A. (2019). Digital Vision. In Run IT (pp. 5-22). Springer, Cham.
- Loshin, D. (2012). Business intelligence: the savvy manager’s guide. Newnes.
- Plan, S. (2014). Mission+ Vision.
- Prusak, L. (2011). Building a collaborative enterprise. Harvard Business Review, 89(7-8), 94-101.
- Schraeder, M., & Self, D. R. (2010). Potential benefits of engaging primary stakeholders in developing a vision. Strategic Direction, 26(3), 3-5.
- Warke, N. P., & Patil, P. R. (2013). Innovative Leadership: A Vision Beyond. International Journal of Engineering, Economics, and Management, 11.
- Wilson, H. J., Guinan, P. J., Parise, S., & Weinberg, B. D. (2011). What’s your social media strategy?
- Yan, J. (2011). Social media in branding: Fulfilling a need. Journal of brand management, 18(9), 688-696.