Is Walmart Matching Prices? (All You Need to Know About Their Policy)
Walmart is one of the most popular stores in America. Millions of people shop there every year, and it’s no wonder why – Walmart has everything you could possibly want! One question that many shoppers have is whether or not Walmart matches prices. In this blog post, we will answer all your questions about Walmart’s price match policy!
What Is Walmart Price Matching Policy?
Walmart’s price matching policy is simple: they will match the price of any identical item found at a competitor store as long as the item is in stock and not part of a sale or clearance at that store. This includes items found in-store, online, or through an app. Walmart will also match its own Neighborhood Market stores. For in-store purchases, they also offer post-purchase price matching.
Additionally, you can also ask for a price match if a lower price for the same item can be found on Walmart.com.
What Should You Keep in Mind?
When it comes to price matching, you should keep some important things in mind:
- First of all, Walmart will only match the current price of an item, not the original or past prices.
- Walmart does not offer in-store price matching in Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.
- They also won’t match clearance or closeout items.
- Finally, the item should be identical and have the same model number, features, and warranty.
When Does Walmart’s Price Match Policy Not Apply?
Walmart’s price match policy does not apply to the following purchases:
- Items that are sold as part of a bundle or package, such as a TV plus soundbar combo.
- Those purchased at a third-party marketplace or daily deal sites like Groupon and items offered at a clearance price or as part of a promotional offer.
- Percentage-off or buy-one-get-one-free ads.
- Items that require installation or service, such as a washer/dryer combo.
- Competitor advertised prices.
- Special event prices (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, limited-time promotions, etc.)
- The policy also does not apply to items purchased with a discount or coupon code or any item that requires a subscription (such as magazine subscriptions).
How to Request a Price Match at Walmart?
If you find an identical item from another retailer at a lower price, simply bring in the proof of price and let Walmart know that you would like to request a price match. Walmart will then verify the price and, if approved, honor the lower price and give you the item at the lower price.
What Online Retailers Does Walmart Price Match?
Walmart will match prices from most major online retailers, such as:
How to Request a Price Match When Shopping on Walmart.com?
If you find an identical item from another retailer at a lower price while shopping online, you can still ask for a price match at Walmart. Here’s how:
- Visit Walmart.com and add the item you wish to purchase to your cart.
- Look online for other prices from qualifying competitors. Get the lowest price you can find.
- Go back to Walmart.com. Find the blue “Contact Us” button under the “Help” tab. Click it, and you can contact Walmart Customer Care.
- Their customer care representative will check if it is eligible for price matching.
- If the item qualifies for price matching, you will pay the lower price when you check out.
What Is Walmart Post-Purchase Price Adjustment Policy?
If an item you purchased in-store at Walmart is marked down within 7 days of the date of purchase, then you are eligible for a post-purchase price adjustment. To qualify, you must present the original receipt and be able to show proof of the lower price offered on Walmart.com, at a Neighborhood Market store, or on the Walmart app.
However, purchases made online do not qualify for a post-purchase price adjustment. Plus, the final decision is up to the store manager.
Can Walmart Refuse Your Price Match Request?
Yes, Walmart stores can refuse to price match if they determine that the item is not identical or does not meet their price-matching requirements. They can also refuse a price match if it does not meet their competitor’s policies or if the other retailer does not have the item in stock.
However, Walmart does not refuse price matches if the item is just cheaper elsewhere, as long as all of its other criteria are met. The final decision on whether a price match is granted or not rests with the store manager. It’s always best to check with them in advance before buying the item.
What Other Retailers Offer Price Match Policies?
Many major retailers, such as Best Buy, AutoZone, Amazon, Lowe’s, Nordstrom, Kohl’s, and Cabela’s, all offer some form of price-matching policies. Be sure to check the specifics of each policy, as they may differ from Walmart’s in terms of eligibility and restrictions.
Ultimately, Walmart’s price-matching policy is designed to give customers the best possible value while providing a convenient shopping experience. By following the guidelines outlined above, you can easily save money on your purchases and have peace of mind that you are getting the best deal. So the next time you’re shopping, don’t forget to take advantage of Walmart’s price-matching policy. You’ll be glad you did! Happy shopping!