JCPenney Mission and Vision Statements Analysis
JCPenney mission statement is “to help our customer find what she loves for less time, money and effort.” The statement identifies the importance of giving the clients and outstanding customer service to the success of the firm. The statement by JCPenney has these components:
- Improving lives
- Simplifying shopping
By providing the customers with the latest and top of quality products from a wide range of categories, JCPenney improves their lives by saving them time to spend shopping. Other than this, the online shopping system integrated by the company increases the comfort of the customers as they have the flexibility to simply shop and order at the comfort of their homes. Through such approaches, JCPenney has continuously simplified the shopping experiences of customers across all the states in the U.S. In fact, the shipping costs are some of the most competitive and adaptable in the nation.
JCPenney is a popular department store chain in the U.S. that has maintained a globally recognized brand through its approach to business. Ever since 1902, this company has learned to attract and create loyalty among its customers aided by its mission and vision statements. A corporate vision statement identifies the growth direction of a firm into the future. On the other hand, a corporate mission statement describes the strategies approaches that would enable a business to achieve its vision.
In this case analysis of JCPenney, the vision statement is all about the relationships that the business builds with its customers. Its mission statement emphasizes the shopping experience that the company offers its clients. To remain competitive, JCPenney also relies on the influence of its core values. They work together with the mission and vision statements to keep this company on an upward trajectory.
JCPenney vision statement is “to win together with our customers, by building deeper, more enduring customer relationships.” The statement relates to the following main features:
- Win together
- Better customer relationships
The first feature shows that JCPenney tailors everything in the company to the needs and preferences of the customers. It does this to ensure that they get maximum benefits while shopping with the company. Moreover, the determination to meet these expectations of the customer creates shows them how valuable they are leading to better relationships and loyalty too.
JCPenney core values include “customer value, diversity, collaboration, and honesty.” The following that this company commands in the U.S. and beyond is all because of these values.
They create a company that respects all its stakeholders and customers at all times.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Gottlieb, H. (2007). 3 Statements That Can Change the World: Mission/Vision/Values. 3 Statements That Can Change the World: Mission/Vision/Values.
- JCPenney – Home.
- Kernaghan, K. (2003). Integrating values into public service: The values statement as centerpiece. Public administration review, 63(6), 711-719.
- Mullane, J. V. (2002). The mission statement is a strategic tool: when used properly. Management Decision, 40(5), 448-455.
- S Eric Anderson PhD, M. B. A., & Brad Jamison PhD, M. B. A. (2015). Do the top US corporations often use the same words in their vision, mission and value statements?. Journal of Marketing and Management, 6(1), 1.