LMU mission statement is “a threefold commitment: The encouragement of learning. The education of the whole person. The service of faith and the promotion of justice.” The following components explain this mission statement:
- Supports learning
- Improves lives
The first component is a reflection of the intellectual tradition that characterizes LMU. The facility values an education approach that leads to the rising of intellectual society while promoting ecumenical and interfaith discourse. The facility goes on to zero on the holistic training of individuals as shown by the second component. It does this to ensure that it not only graduates skilled professionals, but also those with the appropriate character and care about others. Finally, LMU completes its calling by encouraging and embracing religious pluralism while combining it with a will to fight for justice within its capacities.
Loyola Marymount University is an American private university that offers a wide range of postgraduate, graduate, and other credential programs. The facility has a rich reputation in research through its grounded experience and investments since its foundation in 1911. As an academic center, LMU (Loyola Marymount University) understands the central role that corporate tools like mission, vision, and core values play in the development of a firm. In fact, it has also benefited from these elements.
Its vision statement directs the institution to create a reputable learning and working environment for all. It is aided by the mission statement that emphasizes on offering transformative knowledge and training supported by Christian values. That is why LMU (Loyola Marymount University) is recognized as a winning facility with an accommodative space for all people in the U.S. and the world.
LMU vision statement is not published in its site. The declaration of the facility to “create the world people want to live in” is consistent with its determination to constantly grow itself into an institution where everyone can thrive.
The care and diligence displayed by the management show how progressive this university has become over the years. It has gained so much reputation such as being ranked among the top 15% universities by the Wall Street Journal. The campus life at LMU is considered one of the most supportive and fulfilling by offering students diverse experiences in and off the classrooms.
LMU core values include “agility, creative confidence, and entrepreneurial spirit.” LMU acknowledges the world is constantly changing. In response to this, it uses these core values to instill the best attitudes to its students and workforce for a positive outcome.
- Aithal, P. S. (2016). Creating innovators through setting up organizational vision, mission and core values: a strategic model in higher education. International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering, 6(1), 310-324.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Gurley, D. K., Peters, G. B., Collins, L., & Fifolt, M. (2015). Mission, vision, values, and goals: An exploration of key organizational statements and daily practice in schools. Journal of Educational Change, 16(2), 217-242.
- LMU – About.
- Mirvis, P., Googins, B., & Kinnicutt, S. (2010). Vision, mission, values. Organizational Dynamics, 39(4), 316.