Lululemon mission statement is “to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness.” Through this statement, the company makes it clear that the popularity of its products does not precede the experiences that it desires its customers to enjoy. The use of strong terms in this statement is an indication of how passionate Lululemon is when it comes to initiating long-lasting behavioral changes in everyone it comes in contact with especially those that use its technical clothes for athletics. The mission statement comprises of these components:
- Improving lives
- Improving health
- Exceeding expectations
The company states that it ‘elevates the world.’ In this phrase, the focus is on the people and their ways of living as shown in the first component. For instance, Lululemon shows that it is strategic in the targeting of people across the globe with its products, and initiate their change in behavior and practices. The strategic sales team of this company is organized in such a way that it links with individuals and groups that are most passionate about bringing changes in their communities. There are many ways that Lululemon keeps this enthusiasm alive. Some of these comprise its great offers in curated assortments for team programs, studio essentials and much more.
Just as the second component states, the consideration of the health of its customers top the list of priorities at Lululemon. That shows what the business commits all its resources and expertise to produce the best quality products to boost the potentials of athletes and everyone else who chooses its products. The last component is proof that Lululemon has no limit to what it can do to create a positive lifestyle in the lives of its clients. While the company has a wide collection of outfits for different workout regimes, it also has other accessories too. The Lululemon accessories section presents products to complement other outfits that customers choose, and all these contribute to lifestyle change.
Lululemon Inc. is a top corporation specializing in the design and manufacture of athletic apparel and related brands. The Vancouver-based company has expanded its business beyond the boundaries of Canada over the years due to the ever-increasing demand for its running, yoga, and other workout clothing. The founder of this firm, Chip Wilson, started it in 1998, and since then, it has observed specific principles of operations especially in how it prioritizes and respects its customers and the environment.
The mission and vision statements of Lululemon are some of the most important tools that enable this organization to advance and maintain its unique culture of operations and practices. A corporate vision statement is defined as an illustration of the precise future achievements that a business longs to realize. For Lululemon, its vision statement connects various values that are critical for personal development with health through its exceptional sweat products. This shows that the company looks to be associated with improving the health of its customers.
On the other hand, a corporate mission statement describes the institutional strategies that lead to expected or projected results. Lululemon mission statement lays emphasis on the impact that it brings to the people that it serves. That is why the company values the lifestyle its products create more than other outcomes. These statements work closely with the core values of Lululemon. For instance, some of the core values such as personal responsibility, honesty and choosing fun directly contribute to the mission statement. With these tools at its disposal, Lululemon has continued to thrive, while offering its customers exactly what they need.
Lululemon vision statement is “to be the experimental brand that ignites a community of people living the sweat life through sweat, grow and connect.” The vision statement agrees with the early desire of the company to be “a community hub,” which was more than a store for sweating in gears. The statement consists of the following components:
- Exceptional brand
- Ignite communities through sweat
- Create connections
At Lululemon nothing is normal. Everything the company designs are completed with the needs and the desires of bringing a long-lasting change. Such precision in both the products and the approaches of the company shows that it is a unique brand. Quantity and making groundbreaking sales are not part of the bigger agenda for Lululemon. Instead, the company seeks to create a legacy where it operates by transforming communities through its products.
These revolutions are based on the ideologies of living healthier lives by valuing physical activities like exercises. To advance this drive, Lululemon is actively engaged in empowerment programs in Canada, U.S and many other regions where it runs its business to popularize the importance of healthy living. Today, the company has established constructive bonds with different stakeholders such as its ambassadors, guests, and athletes. These entities inform the company leading to the design of even better products.
Lululemon core values comprise “nurturing entrepreneurial spirit, taking personal responsibility, valuing connection, honesty and courage, and choosing fun.” The company uses these core values to guide all its operations and maintain the high status it has among its customers. With these values, Lululemon also gains an advantage over all its competitors in the industry.
To remain at the top of its game, Lululemon indicates that is company name is one and the same with the concept of innovation. The constant desire of this company to fill any gaps that exist in the industry is driven by its entrepreneurial mindedness. This is enhanced by the willingness of its workforce to give its all and remain accountable to everything related to the company. The reliability levels of Lululemon has everything to do with this attitude together with the transparency that characterize all its operations. Maintaining such high levels of practice has seen Lululemon establish itself a name among the very best companies in Canada. In fact, this reputation goes to the global scale because of the brand loyalty created by the connection developed between the company and all the people it comes in contact with.
- Baetz, M. C., & Bart, C. K. (1996). Developing mission statements which work. Long Range Planning, 29(4), 526-533.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Germain, R., & Cooper, M. B. (1990). How a customer mission statement affects company performance. Industrial Marketing Management, 19(1), 47-54.
- Ireland, R. D., & Hitt, M. A. (1992). Mission statements: Importance, challenge, and recommendations for development. Business Horizons, 35(3), 34-43.
- Lavrence, C., & Lozanski, K. (2014). “This Is Not Your Practice Life”: Lululemon and the Neoliberal Governance of Self. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue Canadienne de Sociologie, 51(1), 76-94.
- Lululemon – About.
- Malphurs, A. (2004). Values-driven leadership: Discovering and developing your core values for ministry. Baker Books.
- Martin, J., McCormack, B., Fitzsimons, D., & Spirig, R. (2014). The importance of inspiring a shared vision. International Practice Development Journal, 4(2).
- Network, R. C. A. (2016). Vision Statement.
- Rogus, J. F. (1990). Developing a vision statement—Some considerations for principals. NASSP Bulletin, 74(523), 6-12.
- Slack, F. J., Orife, J. N., & Anderson, F. P. (2010). Effects of commitment to corporate vision on employee satisfaction with their organization: An empirical study in the United States. International Journal of Management, 27(3), 421.
- Smolicz, J. (1981). Core values and cultural identity. Ethnic and racial studies, 4(1), 75-90.
- Stokes, C. C., & Adams, M. L. (2008). Healthist ideologies: the case of Lululemon Athletica.
- Urde, M. (2009). Uncovering the corporate brand’s core values. Management Decision, 47(4), 616-638.