Meta is one of the largest companies in the world. Founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, it is now worth close to 400 billion dollars. Previously named Facebook, the company changed its name towards the end of 2021 to better reflect its goals and visions for the future. Meta owns a lot of other services and products, the most popular ones being Instagram and WhatsApp.
Such a powerful company couldn’t exist without being driven by a meaningful mission. Meta mission statement is “giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.” This company doesn’t have an official vision statement yet, but its key principles are to give people a voice, build connection and community, serve everyone, keep people safe and protect their privacy, and promote economic opportunity. Meta core values are to move fast, focus on long-term impact, build awesome things, live in the future, and be direct and respect colleagues.
Meta Mission Statement
Meta mission statement have changed several times since the company’s beginnings. Now, its mission is “Giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.” It reflects what Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO, wants to achieve with his company. Meta products are already used by more than 3 billion people in the world. It means that almost 40% of the world’s population is already interconnected with the help of Meta hard work over the past 19 years. It is safe to assume that this number will be increasing in the years to come, so Meta mission is already coming to life.
- Give People a Voice. Meta strongly believes that everyone deserves to be heard, even when it means defending the rights of someone you don’t agree with. Considering how many people have free access to Meta platforms, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram, we can say that Meta is sticking to this principle consistently.
- Build Connection & Community. Meta services are designed to help people connect with each other, bring them closer together, and therefore build a community. This has been successful ever since Zuckerberg started Facebook. Furthermore, acquiring products like Instagram and WhatsApp has just accelerated the process of connecting people globally.
- Serve Everyone. This company’s business model is advertising, meaning that Meta earns money from ads. This means that Meta products are generally available for free and to everyone. In fact, an earlier version of Facebook’s homepage stated that ‘it’s free and always will be.’ While this promise is removed from the homepage, we can expect Meta services to stay free, as their principle is to serve everyone, regardless of financial situation.
- Keep People Safe & Protect Privacy. With large platforms like Facebook and Instagram come a lot of risks and potential harm. Since neither of these platforms requires identification confirmation, anyone can use them under any name. Those who do use it genuinely under their own names, more often than not, put a lot of confidential information out there, either publicly or through the messages they exchange. Meta promises to keep people safe from harm and to protect everyone’s privacy, so people can use its products without worrying.
- Promote Economic Opportunity. Meta tools promote fairness when it comes to the opportunities businesses have. This helps businesses grow and therefore boosts the overall economy.
Meta Vision Statement
There is no an official Meta vision statement. However, Meta imagines the future to bring even more people together and make an even larger Meta community globally. This is to be achieved with the help of the principles that guide this company. They are to give people a voice, build connection and community, serve everyone, keep people safe and protect privacy, and promote economic opportunity. This is how Meta approaches building the technology that’s been changing the world ever since its inception.
Meta Core Values
Meta core values are “Move fast, focus on long-term Impact, build awesome things, live in the future, be direct & respect your colleagues, and Meta, Metamates, Me.”
Meta is a great company to work for – according to the employees’ reviews, it pays well, provides a lot of benefits, and gives plenty of opportunities for growth and learning. It’s not easy to get a job because a company of these proportions hires only the best. However, if you do, you should know the core values this company operates under. Every employee is expected to do the same too.
- Move Fast. People who leave work that can be done today for the next week do not belong in Meta. This company believes in a fast-paced working environment that gets things done promptly.
- Focus on Long-Term Impact. Meta is not afraid of taking on big challenges. Employers should focus on the long-term impact of the goals rather than on achieving the small goals in the near future.
- Build Awesome Things. Meta has been focused on building awesome things for almost two decades now. However, this company also strives towards building things that are inspiring as well. The bar is high, and Meta intends to keep it like that.
- Live In the Future. This core value is guided by the goal of making people feel connected wherever they are in the world. Meta wants to build a future “where opportunity is not limited by geography.”
- Be Direct & Respect Your Colleagues. Meta workplace is a culture where being direct while also being respectful is expected from all colleagues. Employers should be ready to have difficult conversations when necessary but also remain kind and sympathetic towards each other.
- Meta, Metamates, Me. “Meta, metamates, and me” is a core value that explains how Meta employers should feel the responsibility and sense of duty towards each other and the company itself.
Meta is one of the most impactful companies in today’s world. In the 19 years since its inception, it has already made a tangible change in the way people communicate with each other. However, the company’s leaders and employees don’t plan to stop here. Meta mission is to build an even larger community and bring people even closer together. The company’s principles are to give people a voice, build connection and community, serve everyone, keep people safe and protect privacy, and promote economic opportunity. When it comes to working at Meta, employers are expected to guide their work based on six core values – move fast, focus on long-term impact, build awesome things, live in the future, be direct and respect your colleagues, and be part of a team.
Visited 323 times, 1 visit(s) today