Morgan Stanley is a financial service and investment corporation that has been helping its clients make the right capital decisions. The firm has been in the business since 1935. For all these years, it has been dependent on the guidance of its mission and vision statement to remain focused. The role that these two statements have played so far tell a lot about corporate statements.
A corporate vision statement is simply a declaration of the future ambitions of a company. For Morgan Stanley, the vision statement is about getting the best out of its clients. On the other hand, a corporate mission statement indicates the growth strategies of a company. The mission statement of this company highlights the dedication of this company to the success of everyone who it serves. Morgan Stanley also considers its core values invaluable. They contribute to its continued growth in addition to the mission and vision.
Morgan Stanley Mission Statement
Morgan Stanley mission statement is “dedicated to local and global communities since 1935. Our firm was founded with commitment to community as our guiding principle. And we’ve been making a difference ever since. Our DNA, our culture and our history are rooted in serving our clients.” Although this is not the official mission statement, it represents what the customer is good at – serving. It has the following features:
- Distinguished services
- Improving communities
This company is famed for its financial and investment know-how. In fact, many businesses and individual value it because of the difference that it brings in matters wealth management, sales and trading, and capital markets among other related areas. Morgan Stanley is also active in community empowerment initiatives. It complements this part of its corporate social responsibility by giving back to the communities in diverse ways.
Morgan Stanley vision statement is “mobilizing capital to deliver sustainable growth and long-term value.” While this is not the published vision statement, it represents what the corporation has always dreamed of – leading in capital investments and related businesses. It dies this by:
- Mobilizing capital
- Stimulating growth and value
The professionalism of this company in baking services and operations cannot be underestimated. It uses this knowledge to drive the growth of all its investors offering them a better opportunity towards their future.
Morgan Stanley core values comprise “doing the right thing, putting clients first, leading with exceptional ideas and giving back.” These values have led to an admirable culture that characterize this corporation.
The manner in which Morgan Stanley runs its operations it an epitome of how crucial these values are.
- Foster, R. D., & Akdere, M. (2007). Effective organizational vision: implications for human resource development. Journal of European Industrial Training, 31(2), 100-111.
- Mirvis, P., Googins, B., & Kinnicutt, S. (2010). Vision, mission, values. Organizational Dynamics, 39(4), 316.
- Morgan Stanley – About.
- Rahimnia, F., Moghadasian, M., & Mashreghi, E. (2011). Application of grey theory approach to evaluation of organizational vision. Grey Systems: Theory and Application, 1(1), 33-46.
- Scott, C., Jaffe, D., & Tobe, G. (1993). Organizational vision, values and mission. Crisp Learning.
- Zaccaro, S. J., & Banks, D. J. (2001). Leadership, vision, and organizational effectiveness. The nature of organizational leadership: Understanding the performance imperatives confronting today’s leaders, 181-218.