Mount Sinai mission statement is “to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.” It has two main components:
- Improving health. Mount Sinai prioritizes the health of its clients in everything it does. The institution has some of the most dependable appointment systems ensuring patients get assistance promptly. It also boosts its services by that all its facilities are accessible within the area it serves, New York.
- Exceeding expectations. The efforts of this establishment to contribute to the evolution of healthcare shows that it is more than a conventional hospital. Some of the ways it gradually stimulates change include medicine-based research and incorporation of telehealth and telemedicine.
Mount Sinai is a network of health systems in New York whose mission and vision statements show how committed and dedicated the organization is to the advancement of healthcare approaches. The institution was established in 2013 and has since grown and exerted significant authority in the provision of healthcare services through its research and quality delivery of services. The running of its operations is proof that corporate statements and core values are integral aspects of the growth of any firm.
A corporate vision statement gives the growth direction while a corporate mission statement provides the strategies for stimulating the progress. In this case, the mission statement of Mount Sinai emphasizes the impact that its presence has on the health systems. On the other hand, its vision statement is to usher in a new era of better care that challenges convention. Mount Sinai gains more support to do this through its core values. They enable the organization to remain focused as a unit towards its purpose.
Mount Sinai vision statement is “to continue to grow and challenge convention through our pioneering spirit, scientific advancements, forward-thinking leadership, and collaborative approach to providing exceptional patient care in the many unique communities we serve.” It has these features:
- Maintain future-oriented growth. This healthcare institution acknowledges the dynamism of the industry, and that diseases and care practice are ever-changing. To stay reliable, it depends on scientific and technological research.
- Tailoring care to specific communities. The second main feature of Mount Sinai is that it appreciates that different communities have varying needs. That is why it embraces diversity in all its operations, including the delivery of services.
Mount Sinai core values comprise “person-centered care, excellence, accountability, collaboration, equity and innovation.”
With these values as the principles that guide all aspects of the facility, success becomes inevitable. That shows why Mount Sinai is a leading care provider in New York.
- Eric A.& Brad J. (2015). Do the top US corporations often use the same words in their vision, mission and value statements? Journal of Marketing and Management, 6(1), 1.
- Jaakson, K. (2010). Management by values: are some values better than others? Journal of Management Development, 29(9), 795-806.
- Kantabutra, S. (2010). What do we know about vision? In Leading organizations: perspectives for a new era (pp. 258-269). Sage Publishing Los Angeles.
- King, D. L., Case, C. J., & Premo, K. M. (2010). Current mission statement emphasis: be ethical and go global. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 9(2), 71.
- Mirvis, P., Googins, B., & Kinnicutt, S. (2010). Vision, mission, values. Organizational Dynamics, 39(4), 316.
- Mount Sinai – About.