NBCUniversal is an American-based media and entertainment corporation that has engrained its name among the top mass media conglomerates in the world. The Comcast owned business was founded in 2004 but has a deeply-rooted history that dates back to the 2nd decade of the twentieth century. It stands as one of the pioneers of radio and television.
Its mission and vision statements have been an integral part of its success over the years. NBCUniversal clearly has a vision of being a premier provider of motion pictures, television and related services globally. Its mission statement emphasizes the need to give its audiences the best medial and entertainment experiences through quality production. NBCUniversal also relies on its core values to continuously remain a top brand in this industry. They are crucial tools that complement the mission and vision statements leading to the success of the company.
NBCUniversal Mission Statement
NBCUniversal mission statement is “to be the premier content provider for television and digital platforms, spanning all television.” The statement reveals what this company is all about – being the best there is. It has the following key features:
- Principal content provider
- In all media channels
History shows how gradually NBCUniversal came of age when it comes to the production of media. This experience has positioned the company as one of the most creative entities due to its understanding of the business dynamics and challenges. As a result, it stands unrivaled, leading in the creation of award-winning programs, shows, and theme parks, among other innovations. The most intriguing aspect is that the company keeps growing and expanding its capacity to reach wider audiences globally. Currently, it has several brands such as peacock, universal studios Singapore, NBCSN, and Universal Orlando Resort. Each has created a market for itself through its versatility and competitiveness.
NBCUniversal vision statement is to rise as a premier player in the media and entertainment industry. However, the company is yet to publish its official vision statement on the website.
The lack of an official statement does not deter the progress of NBCUniversal towards its primary goal. It remains focused especially in the way it runs its business. It has a well-outlined system that makes it a global brand with local media, international segments, digital businesses, film ad parks sector, as well as cable and TV studio productions.
NBCUniversal core values include “inclusive culture, inspiration, create conversation and mobilize action.” These values create a healthy and growth-minded culture that has been invaluable for the stability and reputation of NBCUniversal.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Chun, R., & Davies, G. (2001). E-reputation: The role of mission and vision statements in positioning strategy. Journal of Brand Management, 8(4), 315-333.
- Joachim, A. (2010). Interface between corporate vision, mission and production and operations management. Global journal of management and business research, 10(2).
- Moneva, J. M., Rivera‐Lirio, J. M., & Muñoz‐Torres, M. J. (2007). The corporate stakeholder commitment and social and financial performance. Industrial management & data systems.
- Mullane, J. V. (2002). The mission statement is a strategic tool: when used properly. Management Decision.
- Taiwo, A. A., Lawal, F. A., & Agwu, E. (2016). Vision and Mission in Organization: Myth or Heuristic Device? The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(3).
- NBCUniversal – Who We Are.