The mission and vision statements of Northrop Grumman show exactly what this corporation is all about. They guide all its business strategies and operations in such a way that this aerospace and defense firm has grown into a reputable company with tremendous achievements in less than 30 years of existence.
The American based company has a corporate vision that prioritizes on the performance and credibility of its technology and systems. It also has a mission statement whose emphasis is on leading the aerospace and security industry by being innovative and setting high standards in the sector. Northrop Grumman employs its core values as well to increase its dominance and support its pace of growth.
Northrop Grumman Mission Statement
Northrop Grumman mission statement is “to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies.” The statement focuses on the superiority of products and services it provides to its clients. It has the following features.
- Promoting innovation
- Improving lives
This company satisfies the first feature of its mission statement by supporting innovations in the aerospace and security sector. The firm has particularly initiated the building of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, which is an invention to reveal the mysteries lying deep in the space. There are other major projects underway, including those in the defense sector. The ability of Northrop Grumman to be a step ahead of military space through its spacecraft, control systems and missile systems has been pivotal in the stability and maintenance of global security, leading to better quality of life for the Americans and the globe.
Northrop Grumman vision statement is “to be the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.” This statement is all about the leadership that Northrop Grumman exhibits in all its ingenious inventions. The statement has these main parts:
- Being trustworthy
- Assuring national and global security
Northrop Grumman acknowledges the sensitivity of the industry and the technologies that it designs. That is why it has to act in the best interest of the people and the world while cooperating with the relevant authorities. The company has a system and leadership in place to direct and regulate all its activities appropriately.
Northrop Grumman core values comprise “integrity, innovation, security-first, and leadership.” This company is revered for having one of the most stable and supportive internal cultures. All this is directly influenced by these core values that prioritize the creation of a healthy working environment for all.
- Dumitraşcu, M., & Feleagă, L. (2019). Mission, Vision, and Values of Organizations, the Catalysts of Corporate Social Responsibility. Audit financiar, 17(1).
- French, S. N., Kelly, S. J., & Harrison, J. L. (2001). Operationalising vision and mission. Journal of Management & Organization, 7(2), 30-40.
- Khalifa, A. S. (2012). Mission, purpose, and ambition: Redefining the mission statement. Journal of Strategy and Management.
- King, D. L., Case, C. J., & Premo, K. M. (2010). Current mission statement emphasis: Be ethical and go global. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 9(2), 71.
- Northrop Grumman – Home.
- Rarick, C. A., & Vitton, J. (2000). Mission statements make cents. Strategic Planning: Readings, 137.