NSA Mission Statement Analysis
The NSA, i.e., National Security Agency, is an intelligence agency of the U.S. Department of Defense that is managed by the director of national intelligence. The agency is headquartered in Maryland and monitors, collects, and processes the information globally. NSA ensures complete security and protection of U.S. communication networks and information systems. In other words, this agency ensures the complete safety and security of the United States of America.
NSA Mission Statement
The NSA mission statement says, “The National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) leads the U.S. Government in cryptology that encompasses both signals intelligence (SIGINT) insights and cybersecurity products and services, and enables computer network operations to gain a decisive advantage for the nation and our allies under all circumstances.”
The NSA mission reveals it uses cryptology and exploit computer networks to help leaders arrive at critical decisions related to the US and its allies. Its work is inclusive of spying on foreign messages and keeping its own critical and classified information systems secured.
The National Security Agency protects the integrity of the national communications systems, followed by collecting and processing secret information related to foreign adversaries. The NSA analysts gather and decrypt intelligence information using multiple ways. Such information is found on several electronic sources, including electronic mail, photos, videos, social networking, stored data, and phone calls.
NSA Vision Statement
National Security Agency vision statement is “to gain global cryptographic dominance through response presence and network advantage.” The organization envisions ensuring superior control over the network and security, ensuring the complete safety of the system and citizens of the United States of America. It is committed to providing infallible and incessant service to the nation, enhancing the nation’s defense system.
NSA Core Values
- Honesty – NSA believes in staying truthful, open, and balanced when it comes to national security interests.
- Lawfulness – The agency strictly adheres to the constitution of the United States and complies with the law.
- Integrity – NSA believes in honest conduct and the application of good judgment all the time.
- Loyalty – NSA promises to be loyal to the nation and provides the best security services to the nation.
- Collaboration – NSA also works with an open-minded approach where inclusiveness and mutual respect reigns supreme.
- Innovation – While working towards its mission, NSA adopts innovative measures to enhance the nation’s security.
- Learning – Adopting new technology and learning new ways of implementing the same will help them stay at the forefront.
Both the NSA’s mission and vision are directed towards leading in cryptology and working in the best interest of the nation and its allies. This agency is aimed at national security and foreign policy. The agency uses discovered intelligence to give high protection to the classified data of the nation and the national security systems. Both are crucial to the intelligence and military operations and government activities derived from unauthorized access by domestic and foreign enemies. NSA remains committed to protecting the nation while working as a strong support system to the military and cybersecurity units.