PCOM Mission Statement
The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) was established in 1899 as a medical school that focuses on medical, health, and behavioral education. With various programs that are designed keeping in mind the osteopathic medicine tradition and culture at its core, PCOM strives to help medical professionals think and practice for the community’s well-being. With PCOM mission and vision statement at the core, they aim to impart medical learning aimed at bettering the communities.
PCOM Mission Statement
PCOM mission statement states, “Educating health professionals to care for the whole person and advance the health of diverse communities.”
The mission statement highlights that for PCOM holistic health of a person is important and this is the very focus of the learning they impart. The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) has always believed in looking at the patients as people and not as some case or symptoms to be cured. This not only allows them to care for the well-being of the person but also ensures that they are making a difference in every life they treat. They instill this thought process since the very first day a medical student enrolls at PCOM.
The PCOM community also focuses on creating an atmosphere of desire for knowledge, respecting the diversity of students, and encouraging awareness that connects them. Being conscious about the community’s well-being encourages the health of the people. It also helps in researching various aspects that make it easier to serve the community with advanced practices. PCOM also believes in inclusivity, which brings people of varied cultural backgrounds together to create a diverse learning atmosphere.
PCOM Vision Statement
There is no clearly defined PCOM Vision statement, as such on the website. However, the PCOM Vision 2025 says, “Transforming health professions education by integrating human connection with innovation and research.”
- Student Success: The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) aims to help its graduates emerge as great leaders in today’s tough professional environments.
- Securing Clinical Experiences: PCOM provides an environment for the students to grow and learn through clinical experiences.
- Innovation and Technology: As the world advances, PCOM strives to take advantage of the best technology and innovations in teaching and practice.
- Organization and Infrastructure: PCOM improves its processes and organizational structure with changing needs.
- Revenue Stream Diversification: The college focuses on diverse sources of revenue.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: These values are followed in PCOM’s curriculum, policies, processes and practices for the betterment of students, faculty and staff along with providing brilliant service to communities.
PCOM Core Values
The PCOM core values revolve around the ideologies of accountability, integrity, inclusion of diversity, and working together as a team.
- The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) promotes believing in each other, supporting each other, and taking responsibility for growing together as one.
- There is nothing bigger than integrity and respect for each other. At PCOM, they treat every person with the same reverence, whether a patient or a colleague or a superior.
- It embraces the newer ways to practice medicine and research. New technologies are welcomed.
- Unity is in embracing diversity, and PCOM follows this diligently. They instill this thought process by giving equal opportunities to everyone who is capable.
- It’s all about team play and not stepping back from helping each other in times of need.
Both PCOM mission and vision focus mainly on the quality education of health professions education and how they can transform the health of various communities. Further, the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine strives to bring together people of varied cultural backgrounds at the same time. It fosters innovation in people and promotes the idea of inclusivity to create a diversified atmosphere that helps develop a future community where everybody is treated equally.