Red Bull Mission and Vision Statements Analysis
Red Bull mission statement is “giving wings to people and ideas.” Though manufacturing the soft drinks is the primary operation of Red Bull, there is so much more than the company does as inferred in this statement. The statement does this through:
- Distinguished products and services. Red bull is labelled as one of the most satisfying soft drinks across the globe. It is produced under very strict and specific conditions that make it a competitive product. Other than this, the company provides other products while maintaining top standards.
- Improving lives. This company is renowned for the support that it gives to a wide range of sporting activities and teams globally. By sponsoring these events, Red Bull contributes to the growth and development of societies as these sports are economically and socially beneficial.
Red Bull is an Australian-based soft drink manufacturing company known for the production of the popular Red Bull. The value of this company is inseparable with that of its soft drink, Red Bull. Since 1987, this company has gained global attention with its marketing strategies that have enabled this soft drink to rank top amongst all other competing drinks in the soft drink categories in terms of market shares.
The ability of Red Bull to achieve so much is linked to the specificity of its core values, mission and vision statements. The company vision is safe considering the declaration presented by its vision statement that Red Bull will remain focused on maintaining high standards and leadership in the sector. This is strengthened by the strategies implied in the mission statement of this company such as prioritization of progressive ideas. The core values further put Red Bull in a winning position as they create a serene working environment for everyone involved with the firm.
Red Bull vision statement is “to upholding Red Bull standards while maintaining the leadership position in the energy drinks category when delivering superior customer service in a highly efficient and profitable manner.” The statement has the following components:
- Maintaining Red Bull Standards. To preserve its reputation, this company emphasizes on quality. It leaves nothing to chance in the protection of this brand.
- Leadership. Red Bull leads in the soft drink manufacturing sector by displaying its undivided attention to both products and people.
Red Bull core values include “people, ideas, and culture.”
The popularity of this company is all because of how it approaches its business. Red Bull has shown that it places people second to nothing else, and this is why it has one of the healthiest cultures. In this way, it can capitalize on ideas drawn from its experts to grow.
Red Bull Mission Statement History
Red Bull’s mission statement has not significantly changed over time, as it has consistently emphasized the core values of the company. However, it is worth noting that Red Bull has adapted its strategies and expanded its offerings while remaining true to its mission.
- Current Mission Statement (Present – 2023)
“Giving wings to people and ideas.“
- Recent History (2010 – Present)
Red Bull has focused on promoting its mission statement through various initiatives. The company has sponsored numerous extreme sports events, music festivals, and cultural activities to provide a platform for individuals to showcase their talents and ideas. Red Bull has also ventured into other markets, such as sports teams and events, supporting athletes and helping them achieve their goals.
- Early History (1987 – 2010)
Red Bull’s mission statement has remained consistent during this period. The brand initially gained recognition through its energy drink, which provided a boost of energy to consumers. Red Bull sponsored extreme sports events, such as the Red Bull Air Race and Red Bull X-Fighters, embodying the mission statement by supporting individuals who pushed the limits of their abilities.
- Founding Years (1984 – 1987)
In the early years of Red Bull, the company was primarily focused on refining and promoting its energy drink formula. While the mission statement may not have been explicitly stated at this point, the core idea of energizing and inspiring individuals was already ingrained in the brand’s vision.
It is important to note that while Red Bull’s mission statement has remained consistent, the company’s strategies and marketing efforts have evolved over time. Red Bull has continuously sought to engage its target audience, build brand loyalty, and expand its influence globally. The mission statement has served as a guiding principle, shaping the company’s decisions and initiatives throughout its history.
- Cunningham, S., Cornwell, T. B., & Coote, L. V. (2009). Expressing identity and shaping image: The relationship between corporate mission and corporate sponsorship. Journal of Sport Management, 23(1), 65-86.
- Ingenhoff, D., & Fuhrer, T. (2010). Positioning and differentiation by using brand personality attribute: Do mission and vision statements contribute to building a unique corporate identity? Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 15(1), 83-101.
- Lee, M. Y., Fairhurst, A., & Wesley, S. (2009). Corporate social responsibility: A review of the top 100 US retailers. Corporate Reputation Review, 12(2), 140-158.
- Red Bull – Home.
- Verma, H. V. (2009). Mission statements-a study of intent and influence. Journal of Services Research, 9(2).
- Williams, L. S. (2008). The mission statements. Journal of business communication, 45(2).
Little correction: Red Bull is an “Austrian” based company, not “Australian” based.
What Johannes says: Red Bull is AUSTRIAN, not Australian (think Mozart, not kangaroos)