Sephora’s mission statement is “we believe beauty is for each person to define and ours to celebrate. Together, we support and encourage bold choices in beauty—and in life. Our purpose is to inspire fearlessness.” Sephora’s mission outlines all the critical activities that it implements especially for its customers. The emphasis on what its client gains from the company show how much it values customer experience. The following components are drawn from this mission statement:
- Improvement of life
- Celebrating and supporting beauty together
- Inspire fearlessness
In the first element of its mission statement, Sephora envisions its broad purpose of liberating people by giving them all the options available when it comes to beauty. The company acknowledges the importance of aesthetic appeal in the overall completeness of a person. To achieve this it erases all complications for its customers by bringing them a collection of simplified products to meet all their needs.
Sephora has created an interactive platform where all its customers can be guided on how to pick the most suitable products for their needs. It is a step further from the norm this store has taken to ensure it promotes the spirit of togetherness in beauty. In fact, it has a community section that shows the epitome of the concerted efforts of the company to advance beauty. By doing this, Sephora makes significant advancements in satisfying even the third characteristic in its mission statement where it gives its customers the courage to show off their radiant selves.
Sephora’s missions and vision statements have taken the company into new heights, making it one of the leading enterprises in the beauty and personal care sector. For close to 50 years, Sephora has demonstrated and established its understanding of the nitty-gritty in the line of beauty product supplies guided by the mission and vision statements.
A firm mission statement summarizes its overall operational strategies for achieving set goals. Sephora’s mission statement agrees with this idea by highlighting what it accomplishes for its customers and the feeling it gives them. Similarly, the vision statement establishes the future goals of a company, and in this case, Sephora looks to be the leader in its line of operation as hinted in its mission statement.
The company’s core values are also central to its progressiveness because these guide the entire establishment to adhere to certain standards specific to the organization. In this, case, Sephora’s call for passion, innovation, expertise and teamwork among other key values that have seen it rise to prosperity.
Sephora’s vision statement remains unspecified. However, it can be drawn from the mission statement that shows the intention of the company to be the change-maker in the beauty sector.
From this deduction, Sephora’s vision main component will be to create a worthwhile experience for all its customers with its products, an aspect it has been unequaled in this niche.
Sephora’s core values include “passion, innovation, expertise, balance, respect for all, teamwork, and initiative. “ The components emerging from this statement are as outlined:
- Respect for All
The first and the second value emphasize on the need for absolute commitment in what the company does, and this is complemented by applying top skills, and balance in all related activities as represented by the third and fourth components. Sephora emphasizes that combining these with respect, working together and independence is the key to the company’s success.
- Chun, R., & Davies, G. (2001). E-reputation: The role of mission and vision statements in positioning strategy. Journal of Brand Management, 8(4), 315-333.
- Leuthesser, L., & Kohli, C. (1997). Corporate identity: The role of mission statements. Business Horizons, 40(3), 59-67.
- Pearce, J. A., & David, F. (1987). Corporate mission statements: The bottom line. Academy of Management Perspectives, 1(2), 109-115.
- Peyrefitte, J., & David, F. R. (2006). A content analysis of the mission statements of United States firms in four industries. International Journal of Management, 23(2), 296.
- Rarick, C. A., & Nickerson, I. (2006). An empirical analysis of web-based corporate mission statements. Journal of Strategic E-commerce, 4.
- Rarick, C. A., & Vitton, J. (1995). Corporate strategy: Mission statements make cents. Journal of Business Strategy, 16(1), 11-12.
- Sephora – About.
- Stemler, S. (2001). An overview of content analysis. Practical assessment, research & evaluation, 7(17), 137-146.
- Strange, J. M., & Mumford, M. D. (2005). The origins of vision: Effects of reflection, models, and analysis. The Leadership Quarterly, 16(1), 121-148.