Snapchat mission statement is “we believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.” The statements comprise the following main points:
- Encouraging sharing
- Promoting global conversation
The first point identifies the continued improvement of the Snapchat app to integrate camera sharing features that sharpen and add fun to communication. There is no limitation to the use of the platform created by Snapchat. It is essentially a design for people to impress. As a social media platform, Snapchat ensures that it is available for use globally. In this way, it promotes global connectivity making it ideal for running worldwide conversations.
As a multimedia messaging company, Snapchat has brought a vibrant communication and advertising approach in the social media world. After its release in 2011 by the founders, the app became a sensational creation among users due to the unique features that it incorporates. Since then, this company has seen a gradual growth due to its mission and vision statements.
A corporate vision statement describes the future that a company wants to accomplish. In this case, Snapchat seeks do dominate the social media niche by weaving fun into photo sharing. On the other hand, a corporate mission statement identifies the strategic methods that a business would use to advance itself.
For Snapchat, the mission statement emphasizes on the experiences the company gives its customers during communication. Snapchat has gained popularity due to the way it operates as guided by the core values. They are crucial tools that work together with the mission and vision statement for the success of the firm.
Snapchat is yet to publicly state its vision. Despite this, the recent advancements in its app is an indication that it looks “to transform the world of camera communication through interactive features.”
The dynamism of this app proves that it is destined for great achievements. Today, Snapchat allows extensive advertisements by prospective businesses to drive leads. This is in addition to bridging the geographical boundaries by bringing friends closer through its image and live video stories.
Snapchat core values include “excellence, integrity, customer value, and vigor.” Ever since its first days, this company has maintained a unique way while doing its business.
Snapchat, through these values, strives to maintain a respectable and professional approach while serving its users. The company prioritizes on satisfying all the social media needs of its customers by creating value.
- Calder, W. B. (2014). Achieving an Institution’s Values, Vision, and Mission. College Quarterly, 17(2), n2.
- Hassan, A. (2007). Human resource development and organizational values. Journal of European Industrial Training, 31(6), 435-448.
- Khandelwal, K. A., & Mohendra, N. (2010). Espoused organizational values, vision, and corporate social responsibility: does it matter to organizational members? Vikalpa, 35(3), 19-36.
- Snapchat – Home.
- Williams, S. L. (2002). Strategic planning and organizational values: links to alignment. Human Resource Development International, 5(2), 217-233.
- Zaccaro, S. J., & Banks, D. J. (2001). Leadership, vision, and organizational effectiveness. The nature of organizational leadership: Understanding the performance imperatives confronting today’s leaders, 181-218.