State Farm mission statement is “to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.” The focus of this company as shown in this statement is on the quality of services that the clients receive. The statement relates to these components:
- Improving lives
- Exceeding expectations
To meet the needs of the first component, State Firm diversifies the services that it provides in such a way that it saves its customers the struggle of finding the products they are looking for. They range from insurance under different categories such as home and property, life, and health, to banking and investment options. State Farm does more by offering customers professional guidance to inform them while making their investment or getting an insurance cover. Such efforts are extra packages by the company to ensure its clients live their life more confidently. Essentially, it is the ideal neighbor.
State Farm is a conglomerate of insurance and financial firms in the U.S. that has marked itself as a reliable service provider for the American population. Having been in the business since 1922, State Farm has streamlined its approaches through its mission and vision statements. They guide its overall business operations and are accredited to its progressive growth. A corporate vision statement simply makes the future of a company clear, while a corporate mission statement identifies the ideal strategies that would drive the firm towards the future.
In this case analysis of State Firm, its vision statement prioritizes leadership as a means of setting itself apart as the choice for all customers. The mission statement emphasizes on the seamlessness of its services and their capability to satisfy the needs of the clients. State Farm also employs its core values to complement the two corporate statements. With these tools, this group of companies has grown into one of the major players in the insurance and financial sector.
State Firm vision statement is “to be the customer’s first and best choice in the products and services we provide. We will continue to be the leader in the insurance industry and we will become a leader in the financial services arena.” The statement has the following main parts:
- First choice
- Be the leader
From its humble beginnings, State Firm has always demonstrated a winning attitude. Its branding and approaches are what has positioned it at the top of the business making it the to-go-for company for everyone. State Farm has also proved to be the leader in the business by remaining alert to emerging trends and needs. Today, its products and services are unmatched by any other rivals.
State Farm core values comprise “quality service and relationships, mutual trust, integrity and financial strength.” They stand as the guiding principles that keep the organization running in the right direction.
The company indicates that these values are the foundation of its success. Their presence creates the most conducive environment where everyone can thrive and grow as a team, leading to the reputation that State Farm enjoys.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: What do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Ireland, R. D., & Hirc, M. A. (1992). Mission statements: Importance, challenge, and recommendations for development. Business Horizons, 35(3), 34-42.
- Joachim, A. (2010). Interface between corporate vision, mission and production and operations management. Global journal of management and business research, 10(2).
- King, D. L., Case, C. J., & Premo, K. M. (2010). Current mission statement emphasis: be ethical and go global. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 9(2), 71.
- State Farm – Home.