Tufts Mission and Vision Statements Analysis
Tufts University mission statement is that it is “dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge. We are committed to providing transformative experiences for students and faculty in an inclusive and collaborative environment where creative scholars generate bold ideas, innovate in the face of complex challenges and distinguish themselves as active citizens of the world.” Its statement has several components:
- Improving lives
- Exceeding expectations
The academic programs at tufts are uniquely designed to equip scholars with crucial skills and an innovative mindset. Such a focus creates productive professionals with a capacity to not only transform and improve their lives but also those of people in societies. As a research-based facility, there is more to it than disseminating education. Tufts is pioneering groundbreaking programs such as ingenious methods of supplying people with clean water, and expansion of space knowledge among others. The university also values the creation and maintenance of relationships with neighbors.
Tufts University is globally recognized for its unwavering emphasis on research. Since 1852, this private institution has fashioned itself a reputation as a top-tier learning facility in Massachusetts. Its mission and vision statements are practically inseparable from its success due to their precision and emphasis on quality. In fact, they are a perfect reflection of what corporate statements can do.
The vision statement, in this case, is resolute about the importance of molding Tufts as a global and influential academic entity. On the other hand, the mission statement outlines the various mechanisms that the university uses to remain competitive while offering the best learning experiences to its students. The presence of core values makes Tufts even more reputable as they create an ideal learning and working environment in the institution.
Tufts University vision statement is “to be an innovative university of creative scholars across a broad range of schools who have a profound impact on one another and the world.” This is the reputation that the institution strives to achieve through:
- Global reach
Tufts is all about making a difference in society. In relation to this, the University prioritizes research and innovations. It also directs most of its resources to such projects. To satisfy, its second element, Tufts has policies in place to ensure that it advances itself as a global brand, accessible by all.
Tufts University core values include “embracing diversity, innovation and research, respect, and compliance to requirements.” The desire to create a sustaining environment by Tufts makes these values idea for this institution.
They give it both an identity and a purpose.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Efe, I., & Ozer, O. (2015). A corpus-based discourse analysis of the vision and mission statements of universities in Turkey. Higher Education Research & Development, 34(6), 1110-1122.
- Grusenmeyer, D. (2009). Mission, vision, values & goals.
- Ozdem, G. (2011). An analysis of the mission and vision statements on the strategic plans of higher education institutions. Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, 11(4), 1887-1894.
- Tufts University – About.
- Yozgat, U., & Karataş, N. (2011). Going green of mission and vision statements: ethical, social, and environmental concerns across organizations. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 24, 1359-1366.