UC Berkeley is one of the prime institutions under the University of California that was founded in 1868. It was based to contribute more to the golden future of all the upcoming generations. At present, it has about 184 academic programs and departments. The university takes pride in the fact that its nine faculty members are Nobel laureates and contribute greatly towards UC’s mission and vision. UC Berkeley’s mission and vision are to establish a knowledge-based world where one can get ample opportunities and resources to move forward towards the betterment of California, the Bay Area, and the entire world.
UC BERKELEY Mission Statement
UC Berkeley i.e. University of California has several institutes running under its umbrella. Each of these institutes has a different mission, but the main UC Berkeley mission statement aims “to serve society as a center of higher learning, providing long-term societal benefits through transmitting advanced knowledge, discovering new knowledge, and functioning as an active working repository of organized knowledge.” It wants to help extraordinary people achieve great things, and they also want to promote knowledge and nurture individuals to achieve great things in life. This indicates that the university is looking to establish a learning center for everyone, with available resources being endless.
On analyzing the UC Berkeley mission statement, the following key points have been mentioned:
- Establishing a higher learning center: UC Berkeley’s main mission is to create a learning center where everyone can opt for higher education, be it in Science or Business. Everyone can fulfill their academic dreams and move towards a golden future.
- Helping the society: UC Berkeley wants to help the community and create a better society through education. According to the university’s founders, the upcoming generations should be able to live in a society where advanced knowledge is available for them.
- Discovering new knowledge: The alumni and faculty members of the university at Berkeley want to inspire students to make discoveries and gain new perspectives.
UC BERKELEY vision statement
UC Berkeley’s vision as stated on the site is that it is “born out of a vision in the State Constitution of a university that would “contribute even more than California’s gold to the glory and happiness of advancing generations.”
UC has a strong legacy and focused approach to promoting learning, philanthropy, creating a more transformed world that is full of opportunities. The university is looking to improve the academic resources, initiate collaborations with other members and alumni, and enhance the campus infrastructure for all the upcoming generations.
It wants that the upcoming generations should move towards a happy world. It values happiness more than gold. Furthermore, it envisions achieving this through education and research under the guidance of renowned and qualified faculty.
UC BERKELEY core values
The UK Berkeley core values are as mentioned:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: The university wants to include every student from all cultures and ethnicity so that no one can be deprived of education. The university ensures that this is integrated into university life.
- Excellence: To ensure that UC Berkeley can stay at the topmost level as one of the best research institutions in the world.
- Innovation: Valuing and motivating innovative minds while offering research opportunities to creative minds.
- Accountability and transparency: Establishing accountability and the sense of reliability and transparency in every single person associated with UC Berkeley.
- Public mission: UC BERKELEY focuses on being egalitarian, where the thoughts and ideology of people from diverse backgrounds are valued, and their ideas are well embraced.
Keeping in mind UC Berkeley mission and vision, the university can be considered as the place where innovative minds can convert their ideas into reality by using abundant resources while maintaining transparency and accountability at the same time. The university is looking forward to reaching milestones and improving education in California and the entire world.
UC BERKELEY Mission Statement History
UC BERKELEY mission statement remains unchanged through 2020 and 2021