UCA mission statement is “commitment to excellence through the delivery of outstanding undergraduate and graduate education that remains current and responsive to the diverse needs of those it serves.” The statement echoes the purpose of the institution, which focusses on meaningful training of scholars for the benefit of the world. The statement has two key components:
- Improving lives
- Improving communities
By structuring its academic programs to benefit and meet the needs of every student, UCA increases coverage and promotes learning. It also engages passionate faculty to promote comprehensive intellectual, social, and professional growth. The focus on all the key attributes of scholars, including personal development seeks to produce responsible and productive individuals in society. Such individuals directly contribute to the improvement of communities where they live.
The University of Central Arkansas (UCA) was founded in Conway in 1907. As the oldest university in the region, UCA is seen as a representative of Arkansas at the global level due to its ever-increasing popularity. The mission and vision statements of UCA have particularly been integral in the past and recent achievements it has recorded. A corporate vision statement shows what an institution wants to be, while a corporate mission statement is all about the mechanisms of achieving the vision.
In this case analysis, the vision statement of UCA centers on leadership in academic and research. The mission statement, on the other hand, emphasizes on the maintenance of top standards while delivering educational services. Its core values enhance the ability of UCA to deliver this promise. They create an ideal environment where everyone can contribute towards the mission and vision.
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) vision statement is “to be a premier learner-focused public comprehensive university, a nationally recognized leader for its continuous record of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, scholarly and creative endeavors, and engagement with local, national, and global communities.” The statement comprises of the following components:
- Premier learning facility
- Engagement with the world
To ensure it is a holistic institution, UCA incorporates diverse learning experiences, including real-life community training programs. Its inclusive environment also makes campus life supportive for all. Other aspects that UCA uses to boost its reputation comprise corporate social responsibilities run by student organizations.
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) core values include “intellectual excellence, community, diversity, and integrity.” The values influence the implementation of the mission. The inclusive and accommodative environment at UCA is accredited to their presence.
- Allison, J. (2019). Mission statements and vision statements: examining the relationship toward performance outcomes. Global Journal of Management and Marketing, 3(1), 1.
- Dermol, V., & Sachakamol, P. (2016). The Importance of Communication and Internalization of Organizational Values, Company Mission, and Vision. In Managing Innovation and Diversity in Knowledge Society Through Turbulent Time: Proceedings of the MakeLearn and TIIM Joint International Conference (pp. 1013-1021).
- Rozycki, E. G. (2004). Mission and vision in education. Educational Horizons, 82(2), 94-98.
- Slater, R. E., & Mizon, J. (2018). In Search of Organizational Values: a collaborative action research study to find values to underpin the organizational vision and mission. eO and P, 25(4), 32-42.
- Taylor, K. A. (2018). Leadership Practices that Affect Student Achievement: The Role of Mission and Vision in Achieving Equity (Doctoral dissertation, Boston College).
- UCA – About.