UF mission statement is “to enable our students to lead and influence the next generation and beyond for economic, cultural, and societal benefit.” The statement emphasizes on the need to benefits that it extends to its students. It has the following key components:
- Improving lives
- Exceeding expectations
At UF, the focus is on quality education. The facility directs its resources towards the academic sector to ensure it is equipped to provide top-tier training. As it popularly states, gators focus further than the horizon, and that is why UF values more than an individual accomplishing their educational success – it backs progressive growth. The emphasis on life changing research from the early days of education shows that there are more to UF that simply helping students get their graduate certificates. The institution is dedicated towards builds a instills passion for the common good in all its students to change the world.
The University of Florida (UF) has maintained its position as a chief research and academic establishment in the U.S. since it first opened its doors in 1853. The facility has the best facilities together with a motivated faculty. The presence of clear mission and vision statements tops everything that is good about UF. It relies on its vision statement to set a developmental path to a successful future, and its mission statement to identify the appropriate mechanism of maintaining its growth momentum.
Specifically, in this case analysis, the vision statement of UF (University of Florida) is to build itself as a trustworthy institution that contributes to the overall good of the society through education and research. On the other hand, the mission statement emphasizes on ensuring that it provides the students with an ideal learning environment where they can achieve their potentials. UF also has core values that constantly contribute to the success of its mission and vision statements.
UF vision statement is “to create an unstoppable momentum to reach the goal of strengthening the community and rewarding all with a better life. With the power of high-quality education, best-in-class research, and cutting-edge technology, reaching the goal is easier done than thought.” UF is famed for its consistency in provision of development-based education as hinted in this statement. These components expound it:
- Unstoppable momentum
- Improving communities
From its early days, UF (University of Florida) has proven that it does not compromise when it comes to maintaining the original zeal towards advancement of education in the U.S. That is why it is ranked among the top institutions today. Its impact on the communities cannot be underestimated as it has directly pioneered numerous inventions and continues to positively change the lives of neighborhoods through its corporate social responsibilities.
UF core values comprise “innovation, excellence, trust, teamwork, and diversity.” As guided by these values, it is clear that UF is committed towards creation of a healthy culture for all.
Their presence justifies why its student life is rated highly as they support and environment where everyone feels respected. They also support inclusivity, which leads to individuals and collective growth.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: What do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Cueva, S. (2019). Inspiring Others with a Vision, Mission, and Values. International Bulletin of Mission Research, 2396939319837840.
- Dermol, V., & Širca, N. T. (2018). Communication, company mission, organizational values, and company performance. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 238, 542-551.
- Green Jr, K. W., & Medlin, B. (2003). The strategic planning process: The link between mission statement and organizational performance. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 2, 23.
- Kreutzer, R. T. (2019). Vision, Mission and Goals. In Toolbox for Marketing and Management (pp. 33-48). Springer, Cham.
- Moye, J. N., & Moye, J. N. (2019). Creating Shared Mission, Vision, and Values’. A Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence Approach to Institutional Effectiveness in Higher Education. Emerald Publishing Limited, 15-29.
- Taiwo, A. A., Lawal, F. A., & Agwu, E. (2016). Vision and Mission in Organization: Myth or Heuristic Device? The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(3).
- UF – About.