Urban Outfitters mission statement is “to build a strong emotional bond with the customer. To do this we must build lifestyle environments that appeal emotionally, and offer fashion correct products on a timely basis.” The statement comprises of the following primary components:
- Distinguished quality and services
- Exceeding expectations
To meet the needs of the first component, Urban Outfitters ensures that it only supplies its customer with the top of range brands and at the most competitive rates. The goods stocked by this company are top-rated, whether for men or women or falling in the beauty, accessories or any other categories. In fact, the company does more to assure satisfaction among its clients by offering them returns and exchanges options for any items that fall below their expectations.
Urban Outfitters tops the list of Lifestyle retail corporations globally with its dynamic and globally focused business model. The company has a great awareness of what it takes to run a multinational business through its mission and vision statements. Ever since its foundation in 1970, Urban Outfitters has excelled in meeting the expectations of its customers leading to its progressive expansion.
The corporate mission and vision statements have been crucial in this growth process of Urban Outfitters. They have enabled the company to identify where it wants to be in the future and strategies of getting there. This is what is expected of a corporate vision and mission statement respectively.
In this case, analysis, the vision of the company to become the lifestyle leader comes out clearly. In addition, the company reveals how it seeks to tap on emotions and other appeals to satisfy its clients. Urban Outfitters also consider its core values critical because they improve its capability to achieve the mission and vision.
There is no official vision statement for Urban Outfitters yet. However, the company indicates that it is “dedicated to inspiring customers through a unique combination of product, creativity and cultural understanding.”
This statement is a reflection of everything that Urban Outfitters works for. It represents what the company strives to be known for – glamming the lives of its customers. In response to this, Urban Outfitters virtually covers all the needs of the clients in the clothing and home collections segments.
Urban Outfitters core values comprise “customer loyalty, diversity, creativity, and honesty.” This company has one of the best cultures in the industry.
The core values are responsible for the creation of this friendly and welcoming culture, which has seen Urban Outfitting rise as one of the trendiest players in the fashion sector with more 200 stores globally.
- Ekpe, E. O., Eneh, S. I., & Inyang, B. J. (2015). Leveraging organizational performance through an effective mission statement. International Business Research, 8(9), 135.
- Laramee, A. (2019). Strategic plan: Vision for our future. Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care, 48(3), 175.
- Mission, C. T., Bonnette, D., & Atkins, D. (2018). Team Mission and Vision. Work.
- Paulins, A., Hillery, J., & Sturgill, A. (2016). Developing Value-Driven Mission Statements. In Developments in Business Simulation and Experiential Learning: Proceedings of the Annual ABSEL conference (Vol. 43, No. 1).
- Taiwo, A. A., Lawal, F. A., & Agwu, E. (2016). Vision and Mission in Organization: Myth or Heuristic Device? The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(3).
- Urban Outfitters – Home.
- West, J. D. (2016). The Effects of Mission Statement Design on Behavioral Intention.