VISA is one of the largest companies helping to process payments between financial institutions and merchants. It is a multinational financial company that allows electronic payments worldwide. Based in California, the company was founded in 1958 by Dee Hock. It has over 20K employees. Its prime mission is to facilitate seamless digital payments worldwide, and its vision is to offer the best option for financial transactions. So far, the company has rendered its services to about 15,500 financial organizations like banks and government institutions to smoothly carry out transactions in more than 200 countries. The company’s main aim is to bring all the SMEs or small and medium scale enterprises to the same level by allowing them to exchange money, regardless of the country or territory.
VISA mission statement
Visa’s mission statement states “To remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. Because we believe that economies that include everyone, everywhere uplift everyone, everywhere.”
Visa’s Mission is also “To connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere.”
Through the above statements, it is evident that the company is looking forward to establishing a digital payment network worldwide, helping both individuals and organizations process the payments. The key points of the mission statement from Visa are:
1. Facilitating digital payments: Visa’s main goal is to process digital payments throughout the world, be it between America and Australia or Brazil and India.
2. Quick transactions: Visa has always maintained its integrity to ensure that digital transactions can be processed in the fastest possible manner. No one will have to wait much longer.
3. Helping both individual and organization customers: Visa offers its services to everyone, making sure to cater to the needs of individuals, banks, organizations, and businesses.
4. Cardless payments: Besides, Visa is also looking to establish a finance world where cardless payments can be made throughout, regardless of the transaction volumes and transfer amount.
VISA Vision Statement
Visa vision statement says “To be the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone, everywhere – guides our purpose.” Even though the vision statement is simple and to the point, it’s proven that Visa is trying to ensure that everyone, individuals and organizations alike, makes the fastest transactions and receives payments with no delay.
The key points of Visa’s mission statement are:
1. Social engagement: Visa wishes to increase social engagement between the payers and payees by cardless transactions worldwide.
2. Quickest transactions: All the transactions are done in the fastest possible manner. Therefore, if someone needs to be paid or needs to pay, the operations can be done quickly.
3. Secure payments: The company has taken proper steps to ensure that all the payments are secured and safe from digital threats.
4. 24X7 operations: Visa wants to ensure that the payments do not face any kind of time constraint. That’s why it operates 24X7 unless and until any dire situation is faced.
Visa Core Values
Visa’s core values make them so responsible and guide all the employees working tirelessly to reach their goals.
1. Operating responsibility: Visa is looking forward to providing top-notch services with no security threats or delays in the payments.
2. Social impact: Its main aim is to create a positive social impact by enabling everyone to connect socially without being concerned about financial hassles.
3. Inclusion and diversity: The company has implemented the principle of inclusion and diversity to make sure no one faces biased decisions and actions concerning financial payments. It focuses on including people from diverse walks of life to create a positive work environment.
From the above brief interpretation of Visa mission and vision, we can conclude that the company is looking forward to establishing a secure, quick, and seamless digital and cashless payment system worldwide. VISA believes in being responsible while embracing new technologies to achieve its goals.
Visited 293 times, 1 visit(s) today
VISA Mission Statement History
VISA mission statement remains unchanged through 2020 and 2021