Walgreens Senior Discount Requirements and Details
Walgreens is the second-largest pharmacy store in the United States of America. As of August 2020, Walgreens has over 9021 stores across the country. Walgreens Pharmacy is known for housing various health products for all ages, prescription medicines, wellness products, etc. One of the main reasons Americans prefer Walgreens is its various rewards program for employees, regular customers, retired and on duty serving veterans, military personnel, and senior citizens. The Walgreens senior discount days are the top hit amongst elderly people.
What is Walgreens Senior discount?
Walgreens senior discount is a special discount for older adults. The Walgreens senior discount age eligibility is 55 years and above. It is important to be aware that the Walgreens senior discount is available on the first Tuesday of every month. Daily discounts are not there. On the first Tuesday, senior citizens get a 20 percent discount on eligible items on both in-store purchases and online orders. If one has an AARP membership or is enrolled in the Walgreens loyalty program like BalanceRewards or myWalgreens, he will receive additional discounts on eligible regular price items.
Why Walgreens discount for senior citizens?
- One of the driving reasons to opt for the Walgreens senior citizen discount is to save extra money by purchasing all the essentials on the first Tuesdays of every month that is the Walgreens senior discount day.
- This discount is not limited to only essentials like groceries, household items, or other regular-priced items, but you can also find the best deal in car insurance in minutes.
- Walgreens understands that sometimes it is not easy for the elderly to step out to buy their essentials; hence, they offer senior citizens discounts on online purchases as well.
- So, by shopping on Walgreens senior discount days, the entire shopping for essentials becomes a lot cheaper than usual.
- The best part about shopping at Walgreens is that senior citizens can enjoy extra or exclusive discounts via the myWalgreens or BalanceRewards program. If you buy clearance items, again, you can benefit more. They also have a weekly coupon book!
How to get the Walgreens senior discount?
The entire process to get Walgreens discount for senior citizens is very simple. Below, we have mentioned all the steps that you should know so that you do not miss out on the discounts.
- Walk into any Walgreens store on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Select from their wide range of products available like pharmacy items, grocery items, beauty products, or any pharmacy services.
- At check out, inform the cashier that you need to avail the Walgreens discount for senior citizens.
- Present your valid ID (government-approved ID) to the cashier and make the payment using the myWalgreens or Balance rewards.
Walgreens Pharmacy App / Website Purchase
- Log in to your Walgreens account on the Walgreens app or the website.
- Select items from various products from the pharmacy to household essentials, beauty essentials, etc., and add them to your shopping cart.
- On the checkout page, enter the coupon code SENIOR20 to avail 20% discount on all the eligible price items, or enter SENIOR30 to avail 30% discount on all the Walgreen products.
- Suitably complete the payment.
- To avail of the free shipping services, the minimum purchase requirement is $35 and above.
- You can also schedule a free store pickup within 30 minutes.
1. Apart from the senior discount, is there any other way to save more money?
Yes! If you are a myWalgreens member, you get unlimited cash rewards, i.e., 1% on every product across the store and 5% on Walgreen Products when you shop at any outlets across the United States of America. You can also keep checking the weekly deals that are updated online and in-store as well. Buying from the clearance section also helps get exclusive discounts. They also have a weekly coupon book!
2. What is an online clearance?
During online clearance, you can get highly discounted products. You need to explore the Shop tab present on every page at the top. Next look for Save on the left navigation column. Next, select Clearance under that to visit the Clearance page. Select the products you like and add them to your Shopping Cart.
3. What products are not eligible for Walgreen Senior discount?
The following items cannot be included in the senior discount:
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Tobacco products
- Gift cards
- Newspapers and magazines
- Money orders
- Clinic services
- Lottery tickets
- Pseudoephedrine and ephedrine products
- Pharmacy services and products
- Shipping and delivery charges
4. How do I register for myWalgreens or BalanceRewards?
The registration process is very simple, and you must have a valid physical address, email address, and phone number. You can register yourself for MyWalgreens or BalanceRewards either in-store with the cashier or online through the website or the Walgreens App.
5. Can I use multiple coupons on one order?
If you need to apply multiple coupon codes on various products, you can do so. However, if the coupon codes are for the same product, then, it won’t work.
6. Is there an expiry date for the points that I earn?
Yes, the points that you earn at Walgreens comes with an expiry date. They will expire within a year, or if your account remains inactive for 6 months. This condition holds true for both in-house and online purchases.
Walgreens is a pharmacy industry forerunner, having remained in business for very nearly a century. Walgreens senior discount age is of 55 years and above. Apart from the 20% discount, Walgreens has also started providing 10% discounts and free delivery on eligible products to be delivered on a recurring basis. If you fall in the senior citizen category, take advantage of the Walgreens Senior Discount.