What Is USPS Tracking Plus and How Does It Work?
What is USPS Tracking Plus? USPS Tracking Plus is an add-on service that offers extra features and benefits for USPS customers. It includes package tracking, item insurance, and more! In this article, we will discuss what USPS Tracking Plus is and how it works. Let’s get started!
What Is USPS Tracking Plus?
USPS Tracking Plus is a fee-based service that allows you to track your USPS mail and packages. This allows customers to keep track of their domestic shipping history for up to 10 years, and their international shipping history for up to 7 years. In addition to this, you can also ask for a Premium Tracking Statement by email at any time during that period. USPS Tracking Plus also offers other benefits, like package insurance and USPS Signature Confirmation.
Why Opt for USPS Tracking Plus?
If you are a USPS customer, you may be wondering why you would opt for USPS Tracking Plus. There are several reasons why customers choose this service.
- You can use it as evidence of mailing. This can be helpful if you need to resolve your delivery disputes.
- A reliable source of data that financial and legal institutions may accept.
- Evidence that something was mailed or delivered, which is important for legal proceedings.
What Postal Services Are Eligible for USPS Tracking Plus?
USPS Tracking Plus is available for the following USPS mail classes:
- First-Class Mail
- First-Class Package
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- Parcel Select
- Parcel Select Lightweight
- Media Mail
- Library Mail
- Bound Printed Matter
- USPS Marketing Mail (both profit and nonprofit parcels)
If we mean international classes, the following options qualify for USPS Tracking Plus:
- First-Class Package International
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail Express International
How to Buy USPS Tracking Plus?
If you want to take advantage of USPS Tracking Plus, you can purchase it by following the next steps:
- Click on “Premium Tracking” to see when your online tracking expires and what you can do to extend it.
- Choose how long you want to have access to your package by clicking on one of the options listed.
- Click on the button that says “Select for Purchase.” After you buy it, the expiration date will be updated.
- Once you are finished with your order, you will be taken to the USPS.com online account page.
- Log in to your account. If you don’t have it, you need to create one.
- Once you log in, your name and email address will already be there.
- Click on “Add to Cart” to continue with your purchase.
- You will get an email from USPS with your Premium Tracking statement. After that, you can go onto the USPS Tracking web page and request additional Premium Tracking Statements. This will give you more information about your product during the extension period.
What Are Some Things You Must Know about USPS Tracking Plus?
Now that we have answered the question, “What is USPS Tracking Plus?” let’s take a look at some things you should keep in mind about this service:
- You must have a USPS.com online account to purchase USPS Tracking Plus.
- USPS Tracking Plus is only available for USPS mail classes and international shipping services.
- Once you place your order, you cannot change your mind and get your money back.
- The service is only available online. You can access it through the USPS Tracking webpage.
- Once an item’s initial retention period has passed, it can’t be retrieved on USPS.com, and you can’t purchase USPS Premium Tracking for it. Please finish buying your product before the time runs out.
If you have any questions about USPS Tracking Plus, please contact USPS directly. Their customer service team will be more than happy to help you out.
How Much Does USPS Tracking Plus Cost?
USPS Tracking Plus is a paid service that offers customers extended access to their USPS tracking information. The cost of the service depends on how long you want to have access to your tracking information. Prices start at $0.99 to make a normally three-month tracking record last for six months. Here’s a breakdown:
- $1.20 for a one-year extension
- $1.50 for a three-year extension; $3.75 with Signature Retention
- $2.00 for a five-year extension; $4.75 with Signature Retention
- $3.00 for a seven-year extension; $5.75 with Signature Retention
- $4.20 for a ten-year extension; $6.75 with Signature Retention
After USPS Tracking Plus has been installed, you will be able to keep track of your USPS mail and packages even after they have been delivered. This is a great service for people who need to keep track of their shipments for legal or business purposes. The cost of the service is very reasonable, and it is easy to use. USPS Tracking Plus is a great way to get extended access to your USPS tracking information.
If you have any questions about USPS Tracking Plus, please contact your local USPS office. Thanks for reading!