What Time Does Walmart Stop Cashing Checks? (Find Out Here)
If you’re in need to cash a check at Walmart, it’s important to know their operating hours to avoid any inconvenience.
In this blog post, we’ll answer the common question, “what time does Walmart stop cashing checks?” and provide you with all the necessary information to plan your visit accordingly. So, let’s get started.
What Are Walmart’s Money Center Operating Hours?
Typically, Walmart’s Money Centers operate from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on weekdays (Monday through Saturday) and from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Sundays. However, these hours might vary from store to store, so it’s best to double-check beforehand.
To see the exact hours of operation for your local Walmart, you can use their store locator on their website. Simply enter your address or zip code and click ‘find now’ to access the store details. There, you’ll see all the available services, including their Money Center operating hours.
What Types of Checks Can You Cash at Walmart?
Walmart offers check-cashing services for various check types, including
- Payroll checks,
- Personal checks,
- Government checks,
- Tax refund checks,
- Insurance settlement checks,
- Сashier’s checks,
- MoneyGram money orders.
However, they do not cash two-party or starter checks. If you need to cash those types of checks, you can try a local bank or credit union or use an online check-cashing service.
How Much Does It Cost to Cash a Check at Walmart?
The cost to cash a check at Walmart depends on the type of check and its value. Here is a breakdown of estimated Walmart’s check-cashing fees:
- Payroll checks: up to $4 for checks up to $1,000.
- Government checks (e.g., Social Security, VA, and disability checks): no fee up to $5,000.
- Tax refund checks: no fee up to $7,500 during tax season.
- Insurance settlement checks and cashier’s checks: up to $8 for checks up to $5,000.
- MoneyGram money orders: up to $8.88 for money orders up to $1,000.
It’s important to note that Walmart’s check-cashing fees may vary by state, and there may be additional fees for checks that are over the limit or for other services, such as check printing or verification.
What Time Does Walmart Stop Cashing Checks?
Generally, Walmart stops cashing checks at 8:00 PM on weekdays (Monday through Saturday) and 6:00 PM on Sundays. So, if you plan to cash a check at Walmart, ensure you get there in time.
Keep in mind that Walmart’s Money Center operating hours may vary from store to store. It’s best to check the exact hours of operation for your local Walmart before you visit.
Where Else Can You Cash Checks?
If Walmart store hours are not available or convenient for you, there are several other options available for check cashing. Some examples include:
- Banks: If you have a bank account, you can cash your check at your bank’s branch or ATM. Banks typically do not charge a fee for customers to cash checks, but fees may apply for non-customers.
- Check-cashing stores: Check-cashing stores specialize in cashing various types of checks, and they usually charge a percentage of the check’s value as a fee. Examples of check-cashing stores include Check Into Cash, ACE Cash Express, and Moneytree.
- Other retail stores: In addition to Walmart, some retail stores, such as grocery stores and convenience stores, may offer check-cashing services. Examples of retail stores that offer check cashing include Meijer, Publix, and Kroger.
- Online check-cashing services: Some prepaid debit cards providers, such as Netspend and Green Dot, offer check-cashing services through their mobile apps. The fees for these services vary by provider and can include a percentage of the check’s value, a flat fee, or both.
It’s important to compare the fees and policies of different check-cashing providers before choosing where to cash your check.
Generally, Walmart stops cashing checks at 8:00 PM on weekdays and 6:00 PM on Sundays. However, Walmart’s Money Center operating hours may vary from store to store, so it’s best to check the exact hours of operation for your local Walmart before you visit.
If Walmart’s hours are not convenient for you, several other options are available for check cashing, such as banks, check-cashing stores, other retail stores, and online check-cashing services.