Zara mission statement is to “give customers what they want, and get it to them faster than anyone else.” Such a simplistic, concise, and straightforward statement shows why this company has been so fruitful. It has the following parts:
- Distinguished products
- Improving lives
Zara is more concerned with the likes and interests of its clients rather than simply pushing fashions in the market. That is why the company dedicates more time to learn about these ‘wants,’ to inform the designs of its products. Unknown to many competitors, this is what makes Zara brand unrivaled. The company has also learned that by meeting the demands of the clients when needed, it improves their lives and creates loyalty. The unique supply chain adopted by Zara to increase the speed of delivering new products faster has made it a darling in the Spanish and global markets.
The mission and vision statements of Zara Apparel Corporation reveal the unwavering passion and determination of the company to be the leading fashion brand globally. Zara has been specializing in virtually all types of fashions including shoes, clothing, perfumes and other beauty wears, and numerous accessories since 1974. The mission and vision statements of this company have been crucial in the growth and popularity it has amassed so far.
Through its vision statement, Zara has a future goal that it works for. Specifically, it falls within the environmental and social development realms. The company advances through its developmental path due to the strategies laid out by its mission statement. The focus is to implement a model that meets the needs of all the customers wherever they are faster. Another critical factor for Zara is its core values. They are principles that continue to influence the internal organization and attitudes towards its vision and mission statements.
Zara vision statement is “to contribute to the sustainable development of society and that of the environment with which we interact.” Its main parts include:
- Developing society
- Improving the environment
Through its corporate social responsibility, Zara keeps demonstrating its responsibility to improvement of the lives of people. Moreover, the company also supports a wide range of environmentally-conscious programs to support the stability and preservation of natural resources.
Zara core values include “beauty, clarity, functionality, and sustainability.” The company uses these as the guiding principles in its operations.
As a fashion company, Zara acknowledges the importance of fostering progressive cultures to stay alert and updated with market demands.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Cady, S. H., Wheeler, J. V., DeWolf, J., & Brodke, M. (2011). Mission, vision, and values: what do they say? Organization Development Journal, 29(1).
- Ferdows, K., Lewis, M. A., & Machuca, J. A. (2005). Zara’s secret for fast fashion. Harvard Business Review, 82(11), 98-111.
- Kopaneva, I., & Sias, P. M. (2015). Lost in translation: Employee and organizational constructions of mission and vision. Management Communication Quarterly, 29(3), 358-384.
- Tokatli, N. (2008). Global sourcing: insights from the global clothing industry—the case of Zara, a fast-fashion retailer. Journal of Economic Geography, 8(1), 21-38.