American Airlines Senior Discount Policy: How to Save on Your Airfare
If you’re a senior citizen and you’re looking for ways to save money on your American Airlines flights, you’re in luck. American Airlines offers a senior discount policy that can help reduce the cost of your airfare. In this article, we’ll discuss American Airlines’ senior discount policy and how to take advantage of it. We’ll also provide some tips on how else you can save money on your airfare. Thanks for reading!
Does American Airlines Offer a Senior Discount?
Yes, American Airlines offers a senior discount. To take advantage of this discount, you must be 65 years of age or older. When booking your flight, you’ll need to enter your date of birth in the “Promo Code” field. American Airlines’ senior discount is valid for selected international locations. You will get a 10% off the base fare of your American Airlines flight. The senior discount is not valid for American Eagle flights or American Connection flights.
How Much Is American Airlines Senior Discount?
American Airlines senior discount is subject to change. You can save up to $50 off the base fare of your American Airlines flight with this discount. It depends on the flight route and the final destination.
What Age Is Senior Citizen Discount for American Airlines?
As mentioned above, American Airlines’ senior citizen discount is available for those who are 65 years of age or older.
How to Get the American Airlines Senior Discount?
To get the American Airlines senior discount, follow these steps:
- Go to American Airlines’ website and enter your travel details.
- Tap on the “Advanced Search” tab.
- From there, select “Senior Citizen Discount”.
- After that, begin searching for your AA flight.
- Finally, choose the most suitable option and confirm your booking.
Do Seniors Automatically Get PreCheck?
No, seniors do not automatically get PreCheck.
What Are the Other Ways to Save Money on American Airlines Flights?
Aside from American Airlines’ senior discount, here are some other ways you can save money on your airfare:
- American Airlines offers a variety of promotions and discounts throughout the year. You can check the American Airlines website or sign up for their email list to stay up-to-date on the latest deals.
- American Airlines has a loyalty program called AAdvantage. You can earn points when you fly American Airlines or use their credit card. You can then redeem these points for discounts on future flights or other perks.
- American Airlines sometimes offers discounts if you book your flight early. You can also save money by booking your flight during American Airlines’ off-peak travel times.
- Check the website for lower prices.
- American Airlines’ website sometimes has lower prices than what’s offered at the airport. You can check the American Airlines website to see if there are any promotions or discounts available.
Special Accommodations That Are Available Through American Airlines
American Airlines offers a variety of special accommodations for seniors. These include early boarding, priority seating, and wheelchair assistance. You can request these services when you book your flight. American Airlines also offers a reduced rate for seniors who need to change their travel plans. To take advantage of this, you must call American Airlines at 800-433-7300 at least 72 hours before your scheduled departure time.
As you can see, American Airlines offers a variety of discounts and services for seniors. If you’re a senior citizen, be sure to take advantage of these offers to save money on your next American Airlines flight. American Airlines’ senior discount is a great way to save money on your airfare.
Other Airlines That Offer Senior Discounts
In addition to American Airlines, there are a number of other airlines that offer senior discounts. Some of them include:
|United Airlines||Discounted senior fares offered for select travel destinations||65 and older|
|Delta Airlines||10% off select flights||55 and older|
|British Airways||$65 off standard economy seats; $65 off premium economy; up to $200 off business class seats||Must be an AARP member|
American Airlines offers a senior discount of up to $50 off the base fare of your American Airlines flight. To take advantage of this discount, you must be 65 years of age or older. American Airlines also offers a variety of other discounts and services for seniors, such as early boarding, priority seating, and wheelchair assistance. If you’re a senior citizen, be sure to take advantage of these offers to save money on your American Airlines flight.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy flying!