If you’re in the market for a Murphy bed, you may be wondering if IKEA sells them. The answer is no – IKEA does not sell Murphy beds, but they do have some great alternatives! In this blog post, we’ll tell you where to shop for a Murphy bed instead of IKEA, and we’ll also give you some tips on how to build your own Murphy bed safely. Stay tuned for more information!
Does IKEA Sell Murphy Beds In 2023?
If you’re looking for an IKEA Murphy bed, then don’t waste your time! As of 2023, IKEA does not sell Murphy beds either in-store or online. However, there are many other retailers that sell Murphy beds, such as Walmart, Amazon, Costco, and Home Depot. If you’re looking for a Murphy bed, we recommend checking out one of these retailers instead of IKEA.
Continue reading to know more about Murphy beds, including DIY hacks for making one, safety measures, and other retailers that sell them!
What Is a Murphy Bed?
A Murphy bed, also known as a wall bed or a fold-down bed, is a type of bed that can be stored vertically against a wall or inside a cabinet when not in use. This makes them a great space-saving solution for small homes, apartments, and RVs. Murphy beds can be used in any room of the house, but they are most commonly seen in guest bedrooms and home offices.
There are two main types of Murphy beds: those that fold down from a wall, and those that fold out from a cabinet. Wall-mounted Murphy beds are more common, but cabinet-style Murphy beds take up less space and can be easier to install.
If you’re interested in buying a Murphy bed, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- First, make sure that you measure the space where you want to put the bed carefully. You’ll need to make sure that the bed will fit in the space when it’s open, and that there’s enough clearance around the bed when it’s closed.
- Next, think about what type of mattress you want to use with your Murphy bed. You’ll need a mattress that’s relatively thin, so a memory foam mattress or a latex mattress is a good option. Avoid using an innerspring mattress, as it will be too thick and will make it difficult to close the bed.
- Finally, consider your budget. Murphy beds can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand, depending on the size, style, and features you want.
Now that you know a little bit more about Murphy beds, let’s take a look at where you can buy one.
Where to Buy a Murphy Bed Instead of IKEA?
As we mentioned, IKEA does not sell Murphy beds. However, there are many other retailers that do sell them, including Amazon, Costco, Walmart, and Home Depot.
When shopping for a Murphy bed, it’s important to compare prices and features to find the best deal. We recommend checking out a few different retailers to see what’s available and to find the best price.
Is It Safe to Build a Murphy Bed Yourself?
While it is possible to build a Murphy bed yourself, it is not recommended unless you have experience with carpentry and woodworking. If you attempt to build a Murphy bed without the proper experience or tools, you could seriously injure yourself or damage your home. We recommend leaving the construction to the professionals unless you’re confident in your abilities.
And if you’re feeling handy, you may be considering building your own Murphy bed. We recommend following these safety tips:
- Make sure the wall you’re attaching the bed to is strong enough to support the weight of the bed and mattress.
- Always use proper tools and safety equipment when building a Murphy bed.
- Because Murphy beds fold vertically, they can pose a safety hazard if they’re not installed correctly. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully when installing a Murphy bed, and don’t attempt to modify the bed in any way.
- Make sure all the parts are properly secured before using the bed.
- Test the bed before using it, and make sure it is safely secured to the wall.
- Use heavy-duty hardware, such as screws and brackets, to secure the bed to the wall.
- Use a level to make sure the bed is installed correctly and is level with the floor.
- In addition, be sure to keep children and pets away from Murphy beds when they’re open. The bed can fall down unexpectedly, which could cause serious injury.
If you’re looking for a Murphy bed that’s easy to use and install, there are many online retailers that sell do-it-yourself Murphy bed kits, and IKEA is no exception. These kits usually include everything you need to build your own Murphy bed, including the frame, hardware, and instructions.
Building your own Murphy bed can be a fun and rewarding project, and it’s a great way to save money on this space-saving solution. With a little time and effort, you can build a beautiful and functional Murphy bed that will serve you well for years to come.
What Does IKEA Offer Instead of Murphy Beds?
IKEA does not sell Murphy beds, but they do offer a few space-saving solutions that can be used in place of a Murphy bed:
- IKEA’s Slakt bed is a low-profile bed that can be used with a thin mattress. The bed takes up less space than a traditional bed, making it a good option for small bedrooms.
- The company also offers a variety of storage beds, which are perfect for small bedrooms. Storage beds have built-in storage, so you can store items underneath the bed. This is a great way to save space and keep your bedroom organized.
- Finally, IKEA’s Svärta loft bed is a great option for kids’ bedrooms. The bed is elevated off the ground, so you can use the space underneath for storage or as a play area.
The Bottom Line
To sum up, IKEA does not sell Murphy beds, but there are many other retailers that do. If you’re looking for a space-saving solution for your bedroom, IKEA offers a variety of storage beds and loft beds that can be used in place of a Murphy bed.
When shopping for a Murphy bed, it’s important to consider the size and weight of the mattress, as well as the type of mechanism used to open and close the bed. Some Murphy beds can be quite heavy and difficult to move, so it’s important to make sure you choose a model that will work best for your space and needs.
Thanks for reading! We hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.