Subway Mission and Vision Statement Analysis
Subway’s mission statement is “to be the world’s favorite destination for discovering great value and unique selection.” The mission statement underlines the resolve of Subway to go out of its way to create a reputation that keeps bringing its customers back for more. The statement comprises the following main points:
- Improving health
- Reasonable prices
- Unique selection
To satisfy the first point, Subway promotes a practice that prioritizes on nutritional values and hygiene for its food items rather than quantity. The company considers this a major business strategy that would, in turn, make Subway a favorite for all. It relates to the second point where Subway offers all its salads and submarine sandwiches at the best and attractive prices to ensure they are not only affordable but also creates a sense of value to the customers considering the nutrition quality attached to them. The best part of this mission statement is that there is a whole lot of different sandwich styles and preferences for the customers to choose from.
Subway Company is an American sandwich restaurant known for its unique servings rarely found in many other joints. The company has managed to position itself in the market through its strategic market segmentation and unique branding style.
In fact, its mission and vision statements are a reflection of the ingenuity that goes into making Subway a global restaurant franchise with one of the fastest recorded growth trends for over 50 years. While a corporate vision statement indicates where a company is headed, a mission statement highlights the activities that would enable the firm to get there.
In the case of Subway, its vision is to create redefine restaurants as a place where everyone feels at ‘home,’ while its mission statement is all about being a healthy and a favorite restaurant at the global level. Most importantly, the mission and vision statements of Subway works closely with the core values that influence the overall operations of the company.
Subway’s vision statement is “be the #1 Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) franchise in the world, while delivering fresh, delicious sandwiches and an exceptional experience.” The emphasis is on the legacy the company can create in the industry. It has the following elements:
- #1 QSR in the world
- Fresh, delicious sandwiches and an exceptional experience
Being at the top of the game is a normal practice at Subway as a requisite for being the best not only locally in the U.S. but also at the global level. The company complements this effort by ensuring that it only serves the best dishes. Additionally, it takes its game a notch higher by accompanying its products with customer-specific services for a distinctive experience.
Subway core values include “family, teamwork, and opportunity.” The values embraced by Subway propels it towards the mission and vision of the establishment.
It is obvious that the success at Subway comes from the togetherness and corporation that enables this company to grab any opportunity that comes its way. With these values, Subway maintains a conducive environment for development and growth.
- Antonsson, H., Engström, L., & Verbus, V. (2011). Innovation within Fast Food Restaurants: The role of the local restaurant management.
- Brătianu, C., & Bălănescu, G. V. (2008). Vision, mission and corporate values. A comparative analysis of the top 50 US companies. Management & Marketing, 3(3), 19-38.
- Darbi, W. P. K. (2012). Of mission and vision statements and their potential impact on employee behavior and attitudes: The case of public but a profit-oriented tertiary institution. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(14).
- Fang, Y., & Choi, S. (2016). Developing Customer-Based Brand Equity in Foreign Markets: Cases of Global Restaurant Franchises in China. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business & Commerce, 8(2), 91-125.
- Khan, M. (2006). 7 Co-branding in the Restaurant. Managing Tourism and Hospitality Services: Theory and International Applications, 73.
- Kucukusta, D., Mak, A., & Chan, X. (2013). Corporate social responsibility practices in four and five-star hotels: Perspectives from Hong Kong visitors. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 34, 19-30.
- Leschewski, A. M., & Weatherspoon, D. D. (2014). Fast Food Restaurant Pricing Strategies in Michigan Food Deserts. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 17(1030-2016-82989), 147-170.
- Subway – Home.
- Zheng, S., Hu, X., Wang, J., & Wang, R. (2016). Subway near the subway: Rail transit and neighborhood catering businesses in Beijing. Transport Policy, 51, 81-92.
l am Umaiban Sadiq CEO of Almaaedah Ventures Pvt Ltd. Almaaedah is a ethnic food company having great vision and mission. We wants an alliance with Subway